SHHHH! The heavy iron has arrived

The news media is so much fun!

"NEWS FLASH: SECRET OPERATION UNDERWAY!" :rofl:

Must have been one of those slow news days....

--Matt

Striker : My orders came through. My squadron ships out
tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at
Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the
North, below their radar.

Elaine : When will you be back?

Striker : I can't tell you that. It's classified.

In a secretive operation, heavily armed gunship versions of C-130 transport planes like these at an airbase in southern Iraq, on Wednesday, are being shipped to Iraq.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11657894/
mikea said:
It's such a sercret it's on the AP wire.

Interesting. I was invited and attended once a live fire demonstration of ground support using both the AC-130 and the A-10. We were a fair ways away, and when Puff opened up, it was truly impressive with saturation fire. I did not see a demonstration of highly targeted fire. Although I'd bet that the main reason for bringing them is for their electronics and video surveilence package. If there is a good targeting package, it will be good for catching random things, although it is a bit noisy. Outside of that, a dozen of them should be able to clearcut all the cities with lead in just a few weeks.

Henning said:
Interesting. I was invited and attended once a live fire demonstration of ground support using both the AC-130 and the A-10. We were a fair ways away, and when Puff opened up, it was truly impressive with saturation fire. I did not see a demonstration of highly targeted fire. Although I'd bet that the main reason for bringing them is for their electronics and video surveilence package. If there is a good targeting package, it will be good for catching random things, although it is a bit noisy. Outside of that, a dozen of them should be able to clearcut all the cities with lead in just a few weeks.

Look at this (caption not safe for sensitive viewers):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/blame_tibor/AfghaniTornado_jpg.jpg

mikea said:
spooky2.jpg

Henning said:
We had them in VN also. Other units used them more than we did in the Cav, but then we had lots of snakes to blow the bad guys away...

Back