SHHH!! What's Under the IN TFR

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
There is(was?) a permanent TFR just northwest of Terre Haute.
The secret of what's being "protected" is out again.

NEWPORT, Ind. -- Like the house guest who never leaves, VX nerve agent, one of the last and deadliest vestiges of the Cold War, sits in thick steel storage tubes amid western Indiana's vast green fields of corn and soybeans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0508270055aug27,1,147119.story?coll=chi-news-hed
Free registration required.
I don't see KHUF on the TFR list. I don't have a chart at hand. Is it a Prohibited Area now?

Last edited:
"Thanks for the TFR! Otherwise we never would have known."

-your friendly terrorist.

It's a national security area. It's where the US stores their supply of VX gas. They've been disposing of the VX gas (there was an accident with that recently) so they've had the TFR up hit and miss based on what's going on.

You think THAT'S funny....this past Monday the Prez was in McCall for some R&R courtesy Guv Kempthorne (we're talking ID, BTW). I called for a briefing and got the usual thing about the TFR. I said, "Oh, that's right, the President is coming." Briefer replied, "Well, we're not supposed to say that." Sez I, "Yeah, like it hasn't been in the papers for a week." Briefer laughs, I laugh at absurdity of it all.

Judy

I was always curious about that. It kinda give a target to terrorists. "Don't fly here, we can't tell you why, but its Crawford, TX."

I couldn't have even guessed where the Nuclear Power Plants were in most places in the US, but with the nice little map provided showing places to avoid....sure enough - perfect roadmap to every Nuclear Power Plant in the US.

Back