She's finally comin' around

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
My wife Sherry is a nervous airline flier, and has only been up with me 4 times. After this weekend, she's now been up 6, a 50% improvement!

On the flight over, she had some 1sts as a passenger, she got 0.3 actual, and experienced occ mod turb over the mountains. On the return trip, we had bouts of mod turb as well.

Back on the ground, "I think there might be something to this flying thing, it sure beats driving. Overall, I enjoyed the flights"

Yes!

My wife Sherry is a nervous airline flier, and has only been up with me 4 times. After this weekend, she's now been up 6, a 50% improvement!

On the flight over, she had some 1sts as a passenger, she got 0.3 actual, and experienced occ mod turb over the mountains. On the return trip, we had bouts of mod turb as well.

Back on the ground, "I think there might be something to this flying thing, it sure beats driving. Overall, I enjoyed the flights"

Yes!
Woo Hoo!! Wait 'til she starts taking lessons and telling you all the things you are doing wrong...:rofl:

Congrats, Bill and Sherry.

My Sherry is terrified of flying (white knuckle commercial passenger). She's flown with me twice; once around the pattern and 200nm trip. She says "never again".

Yes!

Cool deal... The selling point often is the ability to pull off the weeks vacation trips on a weekend getaway. Plan a few more to some places she'd like to go. Another good deal is to go visit her relatives/friends who live just a bit to far to see by car easily. Next thing you know she'll want a pressurized twin....

Woo Hoo!! Wait 'til she starts taking lessons and telling you all the things you are doing wrong...:rofl:

Or she decides sling-wing is her calling and starts mentioning how inefficient and primitive his plane is....

(BTW, I'm aware of how inefficient a helicopter is. T'was a joke. :p)

Yeah, Bill!!!! You're going to get her hooked yet! And just in time for the Mooney!!!

Are you familiar with what you speak Mark? :D
Ah yup. I fly with my standards for clouds and ceilings unless SWMBO is along. Then I have to lie about the forcast. :rofl: (It's always wrong any, right?) There are other things too, but too numerous to mention.

Yeah, Bill!!!! You're going to get her hooked yet! And just in time for the Mooney!!!

Yeah, and I'm quoting her times for some of our common drives.

Visit my parents, 20hr round trip drive, 5-6hr round trip Mooney.

Her parents: 22hr drive, 6-7 Mooney.

Destin, FL: 13-14hr drive, < 4 Mooney

etc
etc
etc

:D

Very Cool Bill. I think my wife handles turbulence better than I do. :)

She had a heck of a time the first trip into actual though. We popped out of the clouds and she said she needed a beer. :D

Bill,

Who cares about flying? :rofl: Where's your B-Ball writeup?

I had been looking at tickets for the games in Lexington @ Rupp Arena, but it was such a busy week, I passed. Boy, do I regret that! Some great games ensued up there!

-Rich

Cool deal... The selling point often is the ability to pull off the weeks vacation trips on a weekend getaway. Plan a few more to some places she'd like to go. Another good deal is to go visit her relatives/friends who live just a bit to far to see by car easily. Next thing you know she'll want a pressurized twin....

yeah Henning pretty much has it. My wife Tamson is not a white knuckle flyer but is not at all facinated by flying to her its a way to get from A to B. Even better when I can get to Cape Cod in 2.4 vs 8 hrs driving. Yeah she loves that.

Back