Shed/Hangar Combo

HuskerMedic

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Carl Campbell
After much trying (about 15 years worth) I have finally converted my wife over to the idea of living in the country. I envision a small farm (~80 acres or so) with a small grass strip that I would fly my yet to be built homebuilt off of. Does anyone have any experience with buildings constructed as so to be able to do double duty as both a hangar and an equipment shed? I would be interested in specific manufacturers if available.

HuskerMedic said:
After much trying (about 15 years worth) I have finally converted my wife over to the idea of living in the country. I envision a small farm (~80 acres or so) with a small grass strip that I would fly my yet to be built homebuilt off of. Does anyone have any experience with buildings constructed as so to be able to do double duty as both a hangar and an equipment shed? I would be interested in specific manufacturers if available.
http://www.strat-o-span.com/

Mark Stratman will build you almost anything you can think of.

Not only does it work, I got an email from Mark notifying he'd put a catalog in the mail... :)

The only difference between an "equipment shed" and a "hangar" is possibly the size of the door...I say "possibly" because most overhead doors are built to whatever span you want, up to nearly the full width of the building.

I grew up on the farm with Morton buildings doing double-duty, a converted grainery (20-foot door, 24-foot wingspan, 21-ft fuselage...had to pivot it through the door).

Just make sure to design it as a "shop", too, if you think you might want that option down the road ;)

Fly safe!

David

Back