Sheboygan Lunch - Sept/30 or Oct/7

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Anyome interested in flying in for lunch and checking out the new restaurant?

I'm free both of these weekends.

We're out of town Oct 7 (and the next day is Leslie's B'Day!), but we might be able to do something the 30th.

We've been there once already on our way up to 6Y9, and really liked it. Not cheap (I think it was about $25 for the two of us), but good, and the owner, Ron Burrows, seems real nice, too.

Note that you may want to park at Burrows Aviation at the start of runway 3, due to its proximity to the restaurant. Though the other FBO, Western Shore, is really nice and will give you a ride over, too.

I had a nice lunch at "Final Approach" last weekend. They do serve brunch on Sunday, but no breakfast on other days. The dining room is large, but they would like a phone call if a group is planning to fly in, just in case.

I could probably make Oct 7, but unlikely on Sept 30. It would be fun to meet POA people, since I haven't yet...

--david

I'm out, unfortunately... Gonna be flying to Hartford with Mike for AOPA Expo that entire week. (Dan's gonna show us a fun time out there before the show starts... :D)

Sigh! Now my wife tells me I can't go either day! I have to drive her to Canada on the 29th and bring her back the next weekend!

The things we do to keep peace in the family!:dunno:

Sigh! Now my wife tells me I can't go either day! I have to drive her to Canada on the 29th and bring her back the next weekend!

The things we do to keep peace in the family!:dunno:
Why not fly, Barry? Makes her happy and makes you happy. :)

She wants her car there - so I drive her up and fly home, fly up the following weekend and drive her home.

She wants her car there - so I drive her up and fly home, fly up the following weekend and drive her home.

That sounds, uh, highly inefficient. Which is cheaper, rental car for a week or your flight home?

If it's gotta be her car, you could try this and fly her up in the Arrow instead. :yes:

I went there today for the second time, this time for lunch.

I learned that Burrows Aviation aren't allowed to answer the UNICOM frequency because the other FBO has control of it.

Burrows' ARINC frequency is 131.35. Today we got the red carpet treatment with not one, but two friendly line workers greeting us. Good food again too.

BTW if I'm around on the 7th I would want to go to the 68C chili fly-in in Iola instead. 30th might be doable. Short flight for me.

Well I did get there on Saturday the 29th.

WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!

The linesman met us and got a good parking place. I told him I would need fuel and he said he could do it from the truck or I could save a dime and go to self serve. He would help me pull the plane over to the pumps if I decided to go that way. I did and he almost did everything but pump the fuel. 100LL was $3.89/gal and was cheaper than the other guys on the field. BTW that other FBO has always treated me well so I cannot say anything bad about them either.

I did eat at the restaurant. I got the side salad and a bowl of clam chowder. The salad was excellent. Not your usual bowl of lettuce with a tomato on the side. This was a heaping bowl of mixed greens with all kinds of vegis in it. The soup was GREAT. It was homemade clam chowder and it was filled with clams!! For those in the Chicago area it was better than Bob Chins chowder and that is chowder I measure all other chowders to.

Upstairs of the restaurant there is a pilot briefing room that is well equipped but for the life of me I could not figure out how to dial the FSS so I called them from my cellphone.

We should definitely have a PoA gathering there. Very nice place!

Well I won't be around the 7th anymore (coming back from AOPA) but if anyone is heading up to Sheboygan any other time, I might be able to join!

Back