She-wee

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Just saw this from a link on the CustomProps.com website: http://www.sheweeusa.com/shop/

My first thought was that this would be good for those long flights, but then I thought that the ladies I know would prefer me to LAND first! :) But for emergencies...

It looks more user friendly than the Little John with a Lady J adapter. Also looks like it would work well with the Travel John absorbent pouches.

To be honest, I've never carried a "relief method" with me in the airplane. There've been a few times during that last half hour of flight I wished I had one, however, and several times that my first thing after shutdown was a rush to the restroom.

Perhaps it's just that my flight legs have been relatively short (< 3 hours). Do you carry any "relief devices" in the plane, easily accessible (it won't do you any good in the baggage compartment!)?

Perhaps it's just that my flight legs have been relatively short (< 3 hours). Do you carry any "relief devices" in the plane, easily accessible (it won't do you any good in the baggage compartment!)?

I'd rather divert.

Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with piddle packs from my military days. The P-pots can only hold so much. I do carry a piddle pack in my plane for emergencies but I do plan my legs per the bladder range of the people in the aircraft.

I don't drink anything for 1-2 hours before the flight, only have a sip of water right after I take a leak just before boarding the plane, and don't drink anything until destination is an hour or less away.

I'm with Missa. I'd rather divert. Might be ok for the absolute emergency, but ....

I've never really had a problem.

I don't drink anything for 1-2 hours before the flight, only have a sip of water right after I take a leak just before boarding the plane, and don't drink anything until destination is an hour or less away.

I allow myself one cup of coffee if its an early morning flight. Then that's it until I get where I'm going.

People always ask me how far my plane can go between stops. I always respond that the plane can go 4 1/2 hours however my bladder can only make it 3 (on a good day). Sigh! Getting old!

ya need some peetot pants

http://www.reliefwear.com/

im actually kinda thinking about getting some. ive got nothing in the glider now. not drinking before the flight is not an option as rigging and dragging glider to flight line in the heat of the day is fairly dehydrating. then sitting under the canopy in the sun working my butt off thermalling for hours draws a little sweat. I usually drink half to 3/4 of a 90 oz camelbak during the course of a flight. i ration it through the flight but usually need to pee when I land.

im actually kinda thinking about getting some. ive got nothing in the glider now. not drinking before the flight is not an option as rigging and dragging glider to flight line in the heat of the day is fairly dehydrating. then sitting under the canopy in the sun working my butt off thermalling for hours draws a little sweat. I usually drink half to 3/4 of a 90 oz camelbak during the course of a flight. i ration it through the flight but usually need to pee when I land.

On page 4 there is the thing that is similar to what I use in my Scuba drysuit. Prior to installation of the 'P'-valve in the dry suit I utilized Depends. There is only so much they can hold and then it just gets messy. If you are going up or down for a while the external cathedar idea is not bad. It is just a condom like device that has a gentle adhesive in it so it does not fall off and an opening in the end that will fit to the tubing for directing the waste product into an appropriate receptical .

On page 4 there is the thing that is similar to what I use in my Scuba drysuit. Prior to installation of the 'P'-valve in the dry suit I utilized Depends. There is only so much they can hold and then it just gets messy. If you are going up or down for a while the external cathedar idea is not bad. It is just a condom like device that has a gentle adhesive in it so it does not fall off and an opening in the end that will fit to the tubing for directing the waste product into an appropriate receptical .

That may be nice for you, but how would it help me?

I wouldn't think it'd be that hard of a modification to add a relief tube to your glider, would it?

no nick, and it really wouldnt even be a modification. a condom catheter that runs into some 1/4 plastic tubing that runs out the hole around the landing gear. i just havent gotten to it. plus i havent had good luck actually being able to go using similar setup in other gliders. quick disconnects are a good idea, btw, to seal off the tube and prevent leaking.

i had good luck with gatorade bottles when i was doing a lot of long photo mission flights. not really practical in gliders due to the seating arrangement.

yea just what i want to do. sit around in a rag soaked in urine. yep sounds wonderful.

a condom catheter that runs into some 1/4 plastic tubing that runs out the hole around the landing gear. i just havent gotten to it. plus i havent had good luck actually being able to go using similar setup in other gliders..

i had good luck with gatorade bottles when i was doing a lot of long photo mission flights. not really practical in gliders due to the seating arrangement.

If you don't get this sorted out you will never break my state records! Yup, to be the greatest glider pilot in Iowa you gotta be able to pee sitting down and flying. Yes sir, peeing and paperwork, that's how it's done dude.

MM

If you don't get this sorted out you will never break my state records! Yup, to be the greatest glider pilot in Iowa you gotta be able to pee sitting down and flying. Yes sir, peeing and paperwork, that's how it's done dude.

MM

heh, maybe i can build a cannister to store the pee. then have some sort of pump to pressurize it. when i start to get low, i open a valve and get that extra boost to make it to the next thermal.

heh, maybe i can build a cannister to store the pee. then have some sort of pump to pressurize it. when i start to get low, i open a valve and get that extra boost to make it to the next thermal.

Or you can get one of those new UraCell YellowTops and run your iPod off it... gotta have music for those long flights!!

ha! or i could run my radio off it...hmmmmm

Better look into that. Might take care of that "sufficient" power clause in the regs for IFR instrumentation and lights.

yea can you imagine what the FSDO would say!? it'd be priceless to see their face. "You are going to power your position lights with WHAT!?"

I do not believe I have requisite equipment for that test. It would take a lot of medical disqualifying drugs and surgery, plus I would have to get a new wardrobe.
Or you could just call Loreena Bobbit!:eek:

A few words for the women folk: Gallon Milk Jug with the top cut off. :D

Yeah, but you can't reseal it. Turbulence would be VERY messy! Too big to get it out the pilot vent window, too.

Pringles can. :yes:

The things you learn on tour with a coed drum and bugle corps... :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• Southwind2002.jpg
    Southwind2002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I have been thinking about this since I am interested in a long range cruise aircraft, with endurance of 12+ hours. What about a seat with a velcro seat cushion. When needed you peal off the padded cushion and under it is a kind of toilet seat with a recess in it shaped to accept a GladWrap 1 quart container that can be sealed after use. Use it, seal it, put the cushion back on. If needed twice for a long flight you can put a new empty one in the recessed holder in the seat. Anything like that already on the market? Perhaps I ought to patent the idea. Only problem is, sitting on the velcro.:D But I think I could figure something out for dealing with that.

I have a little urinal in the plane now. I have not used it yet. The last long flight, I was so ready to get down.... I was VFR on top, delayed, looking for a hole to get below the layer, and getting very impatient. At some point you either have a mess to clean up, or you make some imprudent choices, if you don't have some way to deal with this. I wonder how many accident reports have this as a contributory cause. I made the quick run to the restroom, but it was a near thing.

Last edited:
Back