She had a hella good run [NA]

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
My mom passed away this afternoon at the age of 98. She was a hell of a survivor. Survived emigrating from Germany penniless with her family in the mid-1920's. Survived the Great Depression, WW2 home front. Survived the abuses of my late bedeviled PTSD WW2-vet dad. Survived multiple suicide attempts and commitment to 1950's-style mental heath (Bellevue). She said that the only way she got out of there was to tell the doctors exactly what they wanted to hear. Through it all, she was always there for her family and raised the four of us, sometime without enough to eat. She was always there to care for the grandchildren and everyone that knew her loved her. Rest in peace, Irmgard. Mom.

P5080020 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Your mom sounds like quite a woman. Its wonderful that you appreciate her for all she had to go thru.

I am sorry for your loss.

Your Mom endured tremendous challenges and overcame them. She must have been an inspiration to your whole family. In time I hope the warmth of your memories will overcome the sadness from the loss of a loved mother and grandmother.

You are who you are because of her. Remember that in all that you do, and may you honor her life and memory every day just by being who she raised you to be.

Very sorry.

May she rest peacefully.

:(

Oh damn! Sorry man.. it is never easy to lose a parent, especially your mom. Sounds like she was a pretty epic woman!!

Cheers Man

The headline of this thread is all I want my obit to read ( well maybe 'he' instead of 'she').

Sorry for losing your mom.

My condolences. I lost my Mom at the age of 95 last year. Now she is with my Dad...

There was very little sadness at her funeral. We all gathered to remember how she had given us life and nurtured us through our lives.

You can never replace your mother, but you can remember her forever. That makes me smile...

My condolences. Glad you were able to have her for so long in your life. May she rest in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss. I suspect she's livening things up on the other side.

Rich

I lost my Mom when she was 58 and tomorrow I'll bury a friend who was 58 and he has an 18 year old son. It's never easy to lose a parent, and I'm sure it's no easier when they're 98, but I'm sure glad you got to keep her for so long though. Sounds like she was an amazing woman!

Condolences to you. My wife’s German grandmother was also named Irmgard. Not a name you see much anymore.

Sad to hear of the passing of your mother... At 98, one can say she has seen many changes in aviation including man landing on the moon that was such a stretch when she was born...

My father also emigrated from Germany at that same time... he was born in 1920... he had a different outlook on the world as I am sure your mom did..

Chin up mate... she'll always be with you.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back