She did it! She did it! She did it!!!

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
My favorite Redhead, my best friend, my chief navigator, my wife has soloed! the traditional 3 takeoffs and landings at McKinney. Solo, all alone, by her self.

I'm so proud of her, I could ........ I don't know.

Attachments

• Solo - Ceremony.jpg
    Solo - Ceremony.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Solo - Taking off.jpg
    Solo - Taking off.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 46
Congratulations!

You know, if that picture got out in any other context.....:goofy:

Congratulations! I know it's a great feeling for both of you!

Great to hear.... Good to have another that can fly beside you.

Good for her, Bo!! I know you're proud. Before you know it, she'll have her instrument ticket and you'll be the co-pilot and navigator! ;-)

Congratulations!

My only question is... when you are both certificated, which one gets to be "First Officer"? :)

So Bo would it be safe to say that you are as excited for her as you were for your solo?

Oh, if she isn't already in the Ninety Nines, have her join! Maybe she can get a scholarship towards her instrument rating!

That is so cool!!! Good Job!!!!!

Bo, I'm up in Kansas City visiting my friend Carol, who you met in Dallas. Please tell Sandra "Congratulations!" from both of us! :yes:

Last edited:
That's GREAT! It's wonderful to have a partner to share this adventure with.

By the way, that's a pretty radical shirt tail removal! Looks as though you may have gotten some collar as well.

Best wishes,
Al

First, she thanks y'all for your support.

To Mikea and Nighthawk, Young Dave had the scissors hidden in his headset bag. I had told her there would be a shirt cutting ceremony, so she had a "spare" shirt. She put it on under the one she wore for the lesson while Dave was filling out the logs. Then he produces the scissors with a huge Machiavellian grin.

To Troy and Kenny, I have already stated firmly that she will not get in the left seat while I am still opening the Hangar doors.

To Adam, yes, I am as excited, and proud and happy. Maybe. I do think I am more affected by her solo than I was by mine. The only thing that comes close in my memory was the first flight we took after my check ride.

To Elizabeth, yes, she still is. Big time! Ear to ear!

Congrats to her, and it is wonderful for you two to be able to share the passion of flying! :yes:

Congrats to her, and it is wonderful for you two to be able to share the passion of flying! :yes:

Yep, I know very well that I am one of the luckiest men alive.

I think after yesterday, she is possibly more passionate about flying than I am (and I didn't think that would be possible.)

Bo, this is joyous on all kinds of different levels- I am happy for y'all just like I was when you got your third-class back.

I pointed this thread out to my wife, as a reminder that she had some learning to do- she has promised to, at least, get sufficient pinch-hitter training to have a decent shot at landing if I am incapacitated.

Back