Sharing

tkhastings

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jthom
Does anyone know of a message board where private pilots are looking for fellow pilots to share cost on a trips to mutual destination?
Thanks all

what the hell is "oh boy' supposed to mean?

I don't see any problem with this.. Pilots share costs all the time. He didn't ask "where can I get passengers to pay for my trips"

Ok, sorry.

You just started with what in general spawns insane debates on flying forums.
There are a few here that have spun out of control debating flying and splitting costs.

Being your first post you might not be aware of that.
So I take back my "Oh Boy"

So Popcorn aside, Welcome to POA
What is your story

I think socialflight.com has that functionally somewhere in it's somewhat amateurish website.

It's a trap. :lol:

Quit channelling Admiral Ackbar and answer the question!!!

To the OP, if you do a search on this and other board for the key words "pro rata", you will find lots of discussions surrounding the topic. Including ones about websites and fledgeling businesses for ride sharing.

The problem and debate is around the rules/statutes protecting Part 121 and Part 135 carriers, and the topics of "holding out" and "common purpose".

There are ways where ride sharing and announcing the open seat can work and are legal. But there are considerable more where you gain negative FAA attention.

Just post a note with a picture on your local FBO wall or airport terminal area saying "I'm looking for buddies to go flying with so we can share costs to reach mutual destinations."

Actually, don't do that. It has gay hookup written all over it. Unless of course....

Back