Sharing the story of a good plane buying experience- In part thanks to you!

Tim Taylor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Toolman
Hello Pilots!

I've been lurking on here a little while as a student and have been soaking up what info I can as someone who has always dreamed of (I am just over a month shy of 50) flying but has just recently taken the leap.

GA in general and this board in particular is loaded with helpful, passionate and knowledgeable people who freely share hard earned lessons with those willing to listen. For that, I am down to buy the first round should our paths ever cross.

In particular, I wanted to thank WannFly (if he's still about) for pointing me towards Keith Henson at Virtual Airplane Broker to assist with my first airplane purchase. I knew enough to be dangerous to myself and between him and more info I was able to gather from the board, I tracked down and bought my Warrior. It's just the aircraft I need to complete my PPL and hopefully my, IFR.

He and I probably looked at about 50 planes together before we settled on the right one. Keith guided me through the buying process and patiently educated me along the way. I couldn't be happier with my new (to me) plane and the process we went through to acquire it.

Along the way, we made an offer that was turned down on a nice Cherokee 235 that (after a paint job) will be someone's long time favorite. If you are looking, let me know and I'll put you in contact with the seller. He's a nice guy but we couldn't come together on a price.

Once again, thanks to all of my new found friends! See you around the FBO!

Tim

Duly noted, Zeldman!

All I have so far is my profile pic (a pic of a beautiful aircraft spoiled by my ugly mug!) and this one.

My daughter is a professional photographer and we are actually going to take some more better ones in the next week or so.

IMG_0795.jpg

Duly noted, Zeldman!

All I have so far is my profile pic (a pic of a beautiful aircraft spoiled by my ugly mug!) and this one.

My daughter is a professional photographer and we are actually going to take some more better ones in the next week or so.

View attachment 76316

Congrats!

Welcome to the world of ownership, it’s a fun adventure. Your plane looks great! What’s in the panel?

Knowing about and managing your maintenance along with getting in with things left how YOU left them is most excellent. Enjoy!!

Back