Sharing flight plan info

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
fltplan.com -is there a way to send tomorrow's flight plan to your copilot...or others?

How about via Foreflight?

fltplan.com -is there a way to send tomorrow's flight plan to your copilot...or others?
In fltplan.com once you have your nav log displayed there is a button at the bottom that says "email this page".

hmm not seeing it on Navigation Log page, search on the page for 'email' - no joy...will keep looking...tks M.

hmm not seeing it on Navigation Log page, search on the page for 'email' - no joy...will keep looking...tks M.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Email fltplan.gif
    Email fltplan.gif
    82.7 KB · Views: 141
yours looks slightly different. Betting you have a paid version. It looks to be the same page but diff format:

Attachments

• noemailbutton.JPG
    noemailbutton.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 24
It seems like you ought to be able to email according to this...

07/19/10 E-Mail Multi-Print pages
You can now email the contents of the Multi-Printout page (which includes NavLogs, Weather, NWS 7 day Forecasts, Winds Matrix, Told Card and CDR data). Look for the email icon on the bottom of the right side of the page to send the information to up to 20 different stored email address. As a reminder, you can also email directly from the Weather pages, and Navigational Log.

http://www.fltplan.com/NewChanges.htm

Also this...

http://flttrack.fltplan.com/fltbrief/july2010/fltbriefvol2.htm#2

Last edited:
It's probably because Dave is using a web browser from 1992. Try it in Firefox.

Dave,

On fltplan.com, the e-mail link is not there when you first create it...it shows up when you go back to your list and pick a navlog that you had previously created. So save it and then pick it again from the list.

I think Jesse might be right, I have the option here on Atlantic's computer in Austin -thanks.

I cannot get the email link to appear.

Spike, are you sure you're looking in the right place?

When you first log in, choose a flight plan NavLog on the "Main Menu" page.

Then, scroll to the bottom of your NavLog....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• step1.png
    step1.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 77
  • step2.png
    step2.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 77
Geez, what a chucklehead I am.

I was looking for it when I had NavLog displayed after modifying Flight Plan.

Do it your way, alles in ordnung. Thanks!

Geez, what a chucklehead I am.

I was looking for it when I had NavLog displayed after modifying Flight Plan.

Do it your way, alles in ordnung. Thanks!

That's where its supposed to be....Mari said, "once you have your nav log displayed there is a button at the bottom"
and I posted a screenshot of it not being there on mine.
So now you say it is on some other page? (Maybe I am looking on the wrong page?)

That's where its supposed to be....Mari said, "once you have your nav log displayed there is a button at the bottom"
and I posted a screenshot of it not being there on mine.
So now you say it is on some other page? (Maybe I am looking on the wrong page?)
You have to be in the VIEW NavLog function, not the MODIFY NavLog function. If you're modifying it, then emailing it would be tied to saving it, which might be a difficult concept for non technophiles to grasp and for the UI designer to convey. So, edit the flight plan, then go in and separately VIEW the flight plan. See Jason's screenshots, and note which radio button he has marked. I think it can be any of the four under "Display NavLog"

Grant you genius, thanks for getting through my thick skull. (credit also to those who tried valiantly) There it is.
Its actually DISPLAY navlog, (choose B&W, mini, color, or No Wind). Click Enter or "Press Here When Done"

Clearly Dave is not one of those techno junkies that pants over every new thing as a must have. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So....why not the old fashioned way: "For tomorrows flight we'll take off from Kxxx and fly the xxx procedure. Our destination is Kxxx and use xxx procedure for the approach. Along the way we'll pass over a couple navaids along such and such Victor airway. Ok, meet you at the hanger tomorrow, bye."

Is that too wordy for smoke signals?

Grant you genius, thanks for getting through my thick skull. (credit also to those who tried valiantly) There it is.
Its actually DISPLAY navlog, (choose B&W, mini, color, or No Wind). Click Enter or "Press Here When Done"
You're welcome. Note that, while I find FltPlan incredibly useful, I also find their user interface INCREDIBLY obtuse and unfriendly. OTOH, I haven't put out anything better, so I'm not complaining!

So....why not the old fashioned way: "For tomorrows flight we'll take off from Kxxx

Indeed, Richard that is verbatim what I did Saturday night.
However, I was seeking that 'one-button solution'.
If I can find one-button solutions to 10 things that occur each day I have this fantasy that I will get a half hour more free time or sleep each day!

Grant I agree that fltplan is a little wild with the fonts/colors/organization and the very first time someone showed it to me I was seriously put off. Somehow I got past that and use it regularily!

Much easier to push one button. :D
Ah, I understand the problem now.

Dave, just give it to your wife/side squeeze/girl at the FBO counter. They are expert button pushers.

But you must supervise with some women. You don't want to send thousands of copies all because she does not have the capability to stop pushing the one button. And do watch her other fingers as she pushes the 'one button' since they are naturally inclined to expand the activity.

DISCLAIMER: I would never ever include Mari in the above described subset. No, I didn't just say I don't think you are a woman. Stop putting words in my mouth. :D:D:D

Last edited:
But you must supervise with some women. You don't want to send thousands of copies all because she does not have the capability to stop pushing the one button.

haha that reminds me of a story from last year.... a guy who failed at button pushing:

Texted his wife a message, "Good Morning Honey etc etc".
Except he sent it to his entire address book.

Next he is getting angry calls from women, trying to find out why their husbands (his pals) are getting lovey-dovey messages from strange phone numbers. (I guess they had access to the husbands' phones) The husbands were equally irate with him because of their wives reactions!

Well, there ya go. Some people just shouldn't have access to technology. "Step away from the computer...."

It's just easier (and funnier?) to continue in the context of gender bias.

Back