Sharing Aviation w/ the Nephews

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
As you all know I love to share Aviation. This past weekend was Wings Fields 75 anniversary. They had some festivities and vintage aircraft on display. One guy from UKT was giving rides in his Waco. $80 a person 15 min.
I opted for the less expensive introduction to aviation for my two nephews age 8 and 5. We got to see the vintage planes, I let them sit in the Archer III that I often fly, saw lots of Takeoffs and landings, A photographic history of the airport, Joes landing, and of course the large screen TV and vending machine in the Terminal building, gotta have that sponge bob fix! Anyway here are some photos I took of the day. Some have me and or my nephews Sam and Josh, some just planes, one of a very interesting pitot static cover on a drop dead gorgeous Cessna Bob Cat and a Blue Plane I won't tell you what it is yet can anyone guess? I wish I took a photo of a great Piper Tri Pacer but never did oh well.

Last edited:
The blue plane is a Culver Cadet. The Bobcat was stunning. My landing was ugly. I didn't see you out there, shoulda said hi :) At least after I got my son calmed down.

Joe Williams said:
The blue plane is a Culver Cadet. The Bobcat was stunning. My landing was ugly. I didn't see you out there, shoulda said hi :) At least after I got my son calmed down.

Hey not fair you saw the plane at wings. Would have said Hi but was late to return my nephews to thier rightful owner. Was late as it was. Spoke to the owner of the Cadet told me it would do 125 kts not to bad. He did a good job restoring it. And yes the Bob Cat was just beautiful. I would have like to hear those big radials start up. i love that sound.

AdamZ said:
Hey not fair you saw the plane at wings. Would have said Hi but was late to return my nephews to thier rightful owner. Was late as it was. Spoke to the owner of the Cadet told me it would do 125 kts not to bad. He did a good job restoring it. And yes the Bob Cat was just beautiful. I would have like to hear those big radials start up. i love that sound.

Oops, I really didn't cheat. LOL I didn't even read the sign. I know what they are, cause I think they are cool. :)

Joe Williams said:

A pilot I know is in the process of restoring one. He said it was one of the worst airplane designs he's ever seen, with a planned life of only a few years or a few hundred flight hours. Lots of important stuff held together with nothing but wood screws!

lancefisher said:
A pilot I know is in the process of restoring one. He said it was one of the worst airplane designs he's ever seen, with a planned life of only a few years or a few hundred flight hours. Lots of important stuff held together with nothing but wood screws!

Which plane, the Culver or the Bobcat?

Adam,

Was the gipsy moth or the pitcairn autogiro there? They usually come out for the fall event at Wings, I think the moth is based at Brandywine (but don't quote me). Watching that autogiro "fly" was pretty cool.
Elizabeth

Back