For Sale: Club Membership Share in Cessna 182P at KJVW (Raymond, MS)

Bonchie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bonchie
Share in Cessna 182P Skyhawk @ KJVW. Excellent deal.

I've decided to get my CPL/CFI/CFII and need an influx of cash to do that so I'm selling my share in Crosswinds Flying Club at KJVW (John Bell Williams, Raymond MS).

Plane is a 1975 182P. G430 GPS, dual glideslopes, wing leveler, Garmin 330, stormscope, etc. Well equipped airplane for cross country travel. Newer paint, interior is original and pretty well kept.

Share is 1/10th equity ownership at (even with 10 members, I've seen only 5 fly it over the past year and only 3 regularly, i.e. once a month or so). Availability is great, which I can prove via the schedule and I've never had a conflict. No limiting rules like a lot of club setups on usage of the airplane.

Share Price: $8000
Monthly Dues: $110
Hourly rate: $92 per Tach Hr. WET (!!!)

This is as cheap as it gets per hour for a 182 and the best deal I've seen in the SE to have access to an airplane you can actually go places in. Plane is in a T Hanger.

Aside from the equitable value of the airplane lending value to the share price, there is also a substantial amount of money in the bank as well (for future overhaul, maintenance, etc.). I won't share that here but if you are serious, I will show that to you, as obviously you have to factor that into your decision process. Let's just say that the combined equitable value of the airplane + cash reserves is well above the share price.

PM me here on POA and we can setup a time to talk on the phone or meet out at the airplane. Thanks.

Last edited:
Adding pictures:
N9881_E.jpg

N9881_E_2.png

(have no idea why they keep posting so small, as the links go to fullsize images. Must be a forum thing)

Nice deal for a nice airplane. For a comparison, our club also has a 182P and we rent to ourselves at $110/tach hr wet.

Lol. My plane rolled off the assembly line 10 birds before yours. 182s are great airplanes, especially of that vintage.

I did some timebuilding with Bonchie in May and I agree with him, it's a very nice 182. And you can't beat that hourly rate..

Bump. Share price is negotiable.

I've seen this plane before somewhere. Idk how this hasn't sold yet

This is as cheap as it gets per hour for a 182 and the best deal I've seen in the SE to have access to an airplane you can actually go places in. Plane is in a T Hanger.

You ain’t kidding. That is a screaming deal on a nice 182. A time builder should be all over that.

Lol. My plane rolled off the assembly line 10 birds before yours. 182s are great airplanes, especially of that vintage.

I didn’t look at his serial number but we probably aren’t far from him or you either. :)

Bump. Share price is negotiable.

Man. Someone should be on that like stink on ****.

I've seen this plane before somewhere. Idk how this hasn't sold yet

Me either. We can’t operate ours at an hourly rate that cheap, but we also don’t have ten folks paying (very reasonable) monthly dues either.

I suspect the thing that scares the time builders off of something like that is he capital buy in. No savings and no way to build the cash quickly when these deals come along.

But for an older professional who wants a taste of ownership and also a bit of risk mitigation of not being a single owner when the engine needs replacement, that is a screaming good deal.

If all ten owners are flying hard, there would be some schedule contention, but in every club of that size I’ve ever been around, there’s always a few folks who have “other life things happening” and aren’t flying a whole lot. 5 very active pilots in an aircraft will usually have at least one who isn’t a weekend warrior and maybe two, and the schedule works out fine. With some “priority” rules that everyone agrees on, it works great.

Sorry it’s been so slow to sell @Bonchie - it shouldn’t be. We’re about to bump our hourly dry rate we charge ourselves to assist with the Garmin 650 upgrade and a 430 works just fine in a 182, we just wanted to go new because the 430/530 are getting long in the tooth if you don’t already have an IFR GPS. We are above your group’s rate already before the bump.

Someone should jump on this and fly the crap out of that thing.

It's just where I'm at. Jackson, MS isn't exactly highly populous. GA is pretty vibrant considering but there still might be 15 people in the whole area looking for a club share. Gotta just wait until they come across an ad.

I'm gonna start spreading the word to some of my instructor friends who may have newly minted pilots looking for a plane.

Bump. Had three people look at it the past month, all "undecided" (which probably means what you can guess).

This is an incredible deal. I'm flexible on the share price.

I also found out today that there's $35,749 in the bank after paying for last months annual. That's a huge chunk of cash to ease anyones mind on possible assessments, overhaul in the next several years, etc.

There's no less risky, cheaper way to get into a cross country aircraft with no limitations on use.

Had three people look at it the past month, all "undecided" (which probably means what you can guess)
You're selling the share you own?

And I continue to agree that this is a very nice airplane and the wet rental price is a very attractive rate.

You're selling the share you own?

And I continue to agree that this is a very nice airplane and the wet rental price is a very attractive rate.

Yes. I need the cash to get my CPL/CFI and I've got CAP airplanes I can fly pretty cheaply for training purposes.

I saw this plane at HKS one day I can attest it is a nice looking bird

Yes. I need the cash to get my CPL/CFI and I've got CAP airplanes I can fly pretty cheaply for training purposes.
Ask Brewer Pearson (Select Avation Services) if he knows of anyone. He’s based down your way.

I'm curious. How does a wet hourly rate work if you buy fuel somewhere else, or go on a XC flight?

@Bonchie ... find out who your regional AOPA ambassador is. The one for Texas, Pat Brown, is real good about keeping tabs on what the clubs are doing and when slots are a available. Hopefully the one close to you is doing the same.

I'm curious. How does a wet hourly rate work if you buy fuel somewhere else, or go on a XC flight?
They way I’ve heard of it being done is that if you buy at a field with more expensive fuel, you pay the difference between it and the home field’s fuel prices.

You buy it, you turn in the receipt, and it's deducted from your monthly bill.

We don't even make you pay the difference in higher fuel because we calculate the wet rate via the Airnav posted SE regional fuel costs. Our home fuel costs are low so it all evens out in the end. Another no worries perk of the club.

The club I belong to is similar. Turn in the receipt once flight is done and the amount is deducted from the total wet rental rate.

We also don't worry about where you purchased it. Our thinking is, if you need fuel, get fuel. Don't try to stretch into a close to exhaustion state just to save $20-$50.

Ok, that's how the rental planes at my airfield work. Was just wondering in a club why not just calculate a dry rate and have the PIC worry about the fuel. Is that to get around making sure the last pilot who flew put fuel in it?

Ok, that's how the rental planes at my airfield work. Was just wondering in a club why not just calculate a dry rate and have the PIC worry about the fuel. Is that to get around making sure the last pilot who flew put fuel in it?
In a way.

But we also have a really good deal with our FBO. The amount we purchase from them each month (lots and lots) gets us a concierge level of service. Before the club aircraft is pushed back into the hangar, the member calls the front desk and asks that the fuel truck come round. They show up and pump the gas for us. And we're billed very close to the self serve rate.

This way, when the next member shows up, the airplane is full to the tabs

Sold. I didn't put up flyers at FBOs and really start trying to sell it until mid-October, so a little over 3 months to get it moved.

In the end, it was an old-fashioned bulletin board flyer that did it, not the online ads. Gonna be a great plane for him and now I'm financially set to take the next steps toward my CPL/CFI.

Last edited:
Back