Sh***ty Question.....

capg2000

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Capt. Gary
No Joke this is a Sh********ty subject..
Anyone ever get a bad case of diarea in flight? I had a great breakfast in Sebring, Fl. yesterday with my co pilot. 35 min. Later, in cruise@ 5500',
35 NM from home base, it HIT ME! BAD!!!
Lucky, there was a small airport directly below. I pulled off power, & did a great slip, dumping altitude like a brick. I landed & just made it into the men's room.
Has this happened to N-E 1 & what do you do? No joke.....
CaptG. :yikes:

Anyone ever get a bad case of diarea in flight? I had a great breakfast in Sebring, Fl. yesterday with my co pilot. 35 min. Later, in cruise@ 5500',
Lucky, there was a small airport directly below. I pulled off power, & did a great slip, dumping altitude like a brick. I landed & just made it into the men's room.

i have been "lucky" enough to only have this issue while flying aircraft equipped with a flushable lav. Cant imagine dealing with it in a light GA plane.

i have been "lucky" enough to only have this issue while flying aircraft equipped with a flushable lav. Cant imagine dealing with it in a light GA plane.

Ditto --- in a Connie during the early 70's --- with a long patch / extension cord allowing me to keep my headset & intercom on while in the loo.
(Aircrew EC-121T, not a pax having to queue for the blue light outside the john for availability)
Not a desirable position in any case

Until I figured out I was lactose Intolerant it happened twice in the 170.

Both times I was in the pattern at my homeport.

When you got to go, you got to go, Land.

I had a burrito blow out into a flight case once.:lol:

Once several years ago. Pulled the power back, pulled the nose up, rolled over and kept pulling. Came down at near Vne to land at Ada, Ok airport I'd just overflown. Taxied up to terminal front door. Just made it.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

No blowouts, but I once flew a longish cross-country and, as I often do, had a modest variety of snacks along. About halfway there, I started munching on mangos.

I'll just say this: I am most gratified that I did not start earlier in the flight!

Flying formation with 10 airplanes. One Cessna peels off and lands at the field we were approaching. All of us continued on. He told us he had to stop but didn't say why. Afterwards said he had to stop on the runway and the right seater jumped out, ran over to some high grass and dropped trou. Was a private owned/public use resort airport so no traffic. Said he just kept the engine running and the guy jumped back in and away they went.

I guess I'll be getting a hew headset bag.

There's a reason I always have a big green trash bag or two in my flight case. It takes about 5 seconds to dump it and make an emergency lav.;)

I guess I'll be getting a hew headset bag.

That reminds me... I never did replace the one I had to use on a training flight with Parker Woodruff.

Preflight planning usually includes 1/2 bottle of Kaopectate at least an hour before take-off

For my long trips, I depart in the morning after eating very little breakfast.

That way, there's little in my GI tract, and very little that was eaten recently.

I normally won't eat prior to flying, and I make sure I am emptied out before getting in the plane.

Until I figured out I was lactose Intolerant it happened twice in the 170.

Both times I was in the pattern at my homeport.

When you got to go, you got to go, Land.

Funny - I'm lactose intolerant too but generally have lots of milk and my intolerance is relegated to lots of farting which I find moderately amusing, however today was the first day in three weeks I've had a meaningful amount of lactose and I've been glued to the toilet constantly.

I had a bad case of salmonella hit just as I was finishing up my pp checkride. Needless to say, passing the checkride and being on the ground was a double bonus.

Read the PPrune forums about flying in Africa. I've never seen so many stories about adults crapping their pants.

That's what the soft coolers are good for,they wash right out,when you have an emergency.

If we ever meet, remind me to tell you about the time I bombed Libya.

KBC19259_sh.jpg
???

Fly inverted to buy some time?

dumping altitude like a brick. :yikes:

Are you sure it was altitude you were Dumping like a Brick????

I usually eat pretty bland when I am preparing to fly, and never ever never get in the plane if I am feeling the slightest pressure on the sphincter.

Funny - I'm lactose intolerant too but generally have lots of milk and my intolerance is relegated to lots of farting which I find moderately amusing, however today was the first day in three weeks I've had a meaningful amount of lactose and I've been glued to the toilet constantly.

Thank you, you ass. Diet Pepsi burns when it comes out of your nose. :D

I'm LI myself, and always watch what I eat. I keep a bottle of Lactaid pills with me if I ever have some ice cream. I never drink milk anymore unless I put it into some cereal.

I recall hearing a LiveATC recording of a guy who just HAD to get to the FBO at KOSH immediately to use the facilities. I felt sorry for the guy.

I normally won't eat prior to flying, and I make sure I am emptied out before getting in the plane.

Improved W&B?:lol:

I just eat light as you do.

I can't imagine trying Henning's trashbag trick in TB unbelted ... I have enough trouble with the gatorade bottles:eek:

I, for one, am glad this isn't a task that must be demonstrated on the PTS.

Maybe it should be?

I went on a 4 day kayak trip near Del Rio...no cell service, no campgounds, no toilets, and you had to carry your waste out with you in wag bags(no joke). I came prepared. Surplus military MREs do a wonderful job of plugging you up. It lasted me until the 4th day, when without warning, I went into labor.
If I was doing ferry tank quantity work, I would start with an calcium citrate cleanse, followed by MREs.

I've got a friend who was flying a Navajo out to the Bahamas and really had to go. He remembers he has trash bags in the back of the plane. Unfortunately, there is no auto pilot. He decides to go for it anyway and as he gets to back of the airplane he realizes he's climbing so he goes back up front and rolls in a little nose down trim and heads on back and takes care of business as fast as he can.

The next problem was after he landed in the Bahamas, the Customs guy sees him walking across the ramp looking suspicious carrying the bag.
"Sir, what's in the bag?"
"You don't want to know."
"Sir, I need to know, what's in the bag"
"Trust me. You really don't want to know"
"Sir. Hand me the bag".............."*************!!!!!!, Why didn't you tell me?"
"I tried to warn you."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To say this mildly...........
I have not laughed so hard , in a long time... all about at a very real problem that we pilots may have to deel with. My experience was not funny yesterday, but some of these???????
WOW... Remember to wipe the beer bottle clean before taking the 1st swig :) :yes:

I've got a friend who was flying a Navajo out to the Bahamas and really had to go. He remembers he has trash bags in the back of the plane. Unfortunately, there is no auto pilot. He decides to go for it anyway and as he gets to back of the airplane he realizes he's climbing so he goes back up front and rolls in a little nose down trim and heads on back and takes care of business as fast as he can.

The next problem was after he landed in the Bahamas, the Customs guy sees him walking across the ramp looking suspicious carrying the bag.
"Sir, what's in the bag?"
"You don't want to know."
"Sir, I need to know, what's in the bag"
"Trust me. You really don't want to know"
"Sir. Hand me the bag".............."*************!!!!!!, Why didn't you tell me?"
"I tried to warn you."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laughing my self sick! Way too funny, but I could see a Bahamian idiot customs guy saying this, They are way too controlling, or they think they are.

I was flying from Orlando to Atlanta about 20 years go in our 441, about an hour and a half. I started cramping up and sweating at the end of the runway before takeoff! I thought I could handle it.....wrong! :yikes: I ended up stopping in Valdosta Ga, FBO was packed of course! I quickly ordered a few gallons of fuel and shuffled to the men's room! :hairraise: I really thought I wasn't going to make it! :mad2:

"Within the cramped confines of the back seat of a Cobra gunship, thirty-six inches wide at its widest point, with an instrument panel practically in his lap, a gun belt and holster around his waist, and a cyclic between his legs, Dick had managed to remove two fully laced boots, shed his socks, pull off his pants, remove his filled and sagging drawers, slow the aircraft below hatch-open speed, toss the drawers out of the aircraft, close the hatch, and had put his pants, socks, and boots back on, all while flying at three thousand feet."

The Legend of Dick's Deed
http://www.goldpilots.com/?feature=2121

Back