SFRA COVID extension

jmarine225

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jmarine225
Reading through some articles it appears the Faa is not extending the sfra regarding test, flight review, medical extensions. I’m hoping this will change before the end of February and give me another 60 days for my knowledge test. Anyone have anymore information on it?

SFAR is what you mean (special federal aviation regulation) not SFRA (special flight rules area).

The FAA doesn't give a hoot (at least with regard COVID) about non-commercial aviation.

I have not heard anything about a SFAR 118-3.
Trying to hold out some hope here. Is it possibility they create another extension or is it a moot point? I’m finishing up my ifr and don’t want to cram this in if I don’t have to. I’m not even sure I can get a dpe on this late of notice.

Trying to hold out some hope here. Is it possibility they create another extension or is it a moot point? I’m finishing up my ifr and don’t want to cram this in if I don’t have to. I’m not even sure I can get a dpe on this late of notice.
As a matter of rule making procedure, the FAA doesn’t pre-announce the issuance of a rule. So there’s no way to really say what could happen. Given that Coronavirus has been around for a nearly a year and people have had time to make a plan, I could see how it could be difficult to argue that further extensions are necessary.

As a matter of rule making procedure, the FAA doesn’t pre-announce the issuance of a rule. So there’s no way to really say what could happen. Given that Coronavirus has been around for a nearly a year and people have had time to make a plan, I could see how it could be difficult to argue that further extensions are necessary.
Yeah I definitely understand. Some of the big issues are, some CFI’s arent enthused and/or interested in sitting side by side in a sealed in 4 seater with the COVID situation. I guess I’ll wait to hear.

Yeah I definitely understand. Some of the big issues are, some CFI’s arent enthused and/or interested in sitting side by side in a sealed in 4 seater with the COVID situation. I guess I’ll wait to hear.
I guess the way I see it, if someone’s waiting for COVID to be gone, a two month extension won’t be sufficient anyway.

Well, me personally I work in law enforcement and am not a believer at all in this COVID stuff but that’s for another thread. LOL. Thanks for the insight.

Back