Seven yr old boy buys fighter jet on eBay

I read this before. I think it was even posted here before. It seems a little weird that this seven year old was on e-bay buying things. Did he have his own account, or does his dad just log him on and let him go crazy on ebay? Just sounds so contrived. The headline is catchy though. While a fun story, I'm a little skeptical. My thoughts are that it is either fodder for snopes, or it is something that dad did to get a little publicity. Remember balloon boy?

Last edited:
My thoughts are that it is either fodder for snopes, or it is something that dad did to get a little publicity. Remember balloon boy?
It actually seems plausible to me. If someone were to use my computer, they wouldn't have to enter passwords for Facebook, POA, etc. It's all stored, which I think is common.
So all the kid had to do was go to eBay, where the dad's password was already stored, click "buy it now," and click "confirm." Easy as $115,000 pie.

It actually seems plausible to me. If someone were to use my computer, they wouldn't have to enter passwords for Facebook, POA, etc. It's all stored, which I think is common.
So all the kid had to do was go to eBay, where the dad's password was already stored, click "buy it now," and click "confirm." Easy as $115,000 pie.

Which is why I _never_ let my browser remember passwords for me!

John

I was gonna say... "Again?" FlightAware picked this up again this week too, so it's making the rounds again. There's no date on the article, but the comments dated back in February give away that it's not new.

Back