Seriously Skytech Metric?

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
Everything on my airplane is SAE. I think my plane was built before there was a metric system. When my starter died I thought about rebuilding it but (since all pilots are by definition rich) I bought a Skytech replacement starter. I used the old bolts with 1/2 inch heads to install it but when it came to the lug for the power cable there was a warning that the nut was metric. Screeching halt, until my next trip to the plane with my metric sockets to fit my torque wrench.

It would have been nice for Skytech to know their customer base and use the SAE like the rest of the plane.

That is probably because it is the same alternator off of a modern day car that someone stuck a PMA sticker on and charged you double.

I have the same problem with my plane power alternator. It’s the only stuff on my plane not SAE. Drives me nuts.

Like the 2.6 AMUs for a Ford 12V regulator I can get at Napa for .04 AMUs? Nucking Futz.

That starter must be for a car made in Canada, shipped to the US for testing and rebranding. I have one that I've only looked at. I wonder if the windings are counted in Celsius.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Like the 2.6 AMUs for a Ford 12V regulator I can get at Napa for .04 AMUs? Nucking Futz.

That starter must be for a car made in Canada, shipped to the US for testing and rebranding. I have one that I've only looked at. I wonder if the windings are counted in Celsius.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
$2,600 for an alternator? You’re shopping at the wrong place. Or you’re getting a heck of a deal on $4 car alternators. Depending on what you consider an AMU.

$2,600 for an alternator? You’re shopping at the wrong place. Or you’re getting a heck of a deal on $4 car alternators. Depending on what you consider an AMU.
Regulator. And it says Ford under the Beechcraft sticker.

I spent less than 1000 for an alternator and regulator and that included the STC to convert from generator and all the mounting hardware as well.

Back