Serious question

The best coleslaw recipe I'ver ever tasted, and the one I make regularly, calls for grated onion as part of the sauce, along with mayo, vinegar, celery seed, and a few other things. The onion is really just juicy pulp by the time you add it, so you don't get any onion texture or identifiable specific pieces of onion, but the extra bite is a great balance. I can't cloyingly sweet 'slaw...especially if made with ....shudder...Miracle Whip...the miracle is that anyone can actually gag that stuff down.
Your recipe sounds very similar to my wife's which I love. One thing she adds which I believe sets her slaw apart is a little dill. It really enhances the flavor. I can not stand sweet, vinegary cole slaw. I also agree Mayo only and not MWhip!

Your recipe sounds very similar to my wife's which I love. One thing she adds which I believe sets her slaw apart is a little dill. It really enhances the flavor. I can not stand sweet, vinegary cole slaw. I also agree Mayo only and not MWhip!

Nice idea.. will try the dill! We just grew a whole bunch, including harvesting and drying the seeds which we add to bread. Might throw a couple and some fronds in the next batch of 'slaw.. thanks for the suggestion!

Sometimes I like to make mustard slaw. Super yummy.

Back