Sept 20 KJYL Plantation Airpark Sylvania GA Fly In

I'll try to fly down if the weather is nice. It has been a long time since I've been in there. Do you know if there is still a paint shop there? If so, how is their work?

I'll try to fly down if the weather is nice. It has been a long time since I've been in there. Do you know if there is still a paint shop there? If so, how is their work?

Oh, that's your Cherokee I see at Burke when I drive by there? That's the route I take to Augusta. EDIT: SOrry, I'm thinking of Millen.

Yep, the paint shop is still there, I was there about an hour ago. The guy who hangars beside me had them paint his 182, it looks nice. He'll probably be out at the Fly-In. I'm going to get them to paint my wings soon.

My rig is getting an annual done, hopefully she'll be out by the weekend.

Last edited:
Oh, that's your Cherokee I see at Burke when I drive by there? That's the route I take to Augusta. EDIT: SOrry, I'm thinking of Millen.

Yes, that's my Cherokee you saw at the Millen airport. I'm based at the Burke County airport in Waynesboro just up the road from Millen but they are repaving our runway right now. KBXG is NOTAMed out through Sept 26 so I'm having to fly out of 2J5 until then.

I'll bring the Skymaster and be the star of the show.

Thought you were at Wright? I used to have a hanger at JYL a couple years ago. Good rates there. I might stop down. Got nothing going on as of right now.

I was until I moved to SC, wright is an hour and a half drive from my house.
Ridgeland SC is slightly closer to my house than JYL but the hangar situation there isn't good so I moved to JYL.

How did it turn out?

900' overcast to start the morning, but cleared up though it wasn't the greatest VFR weather. The locals were out and about, not many fly in visitors but an OK number of drive in folks.

I was planning on heading up there. The weather was crappy here, so I waived off.
Next time...

Low ceilings in northern GA. By the time it cleared it was too late.

Back