Senility sets in.....

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Well, the sunny Saturday didn't happen as forecast, but it's perfect for a little bit of real IFR. Got my chores done in the morning and then headed to the airport. Pulled into the parking lot and realized.....I left the key to airplane at home.:mad: Was so annoyed with myself that I said "screw it", and went and bought me a chain saw......no I'm not using it on the aiplane, silly.:p Supposed to be a pretty day tomorrow, so I plan to go flying. Otherwise, I'd head to the farm and try out my new toy.

Kaye

Kaye said:
Well, the sunny Saturday didn't happen as forecast, but it's perfect for a little bit of real IFR. Got my chores done in the morning and then headed to the airport. Pulled into the parking lot and realized.....I left the key to airplane at home.:mad: Was so annoyed with myself that I said "screw it", and went and bought me a chain saw......no I'm not using it on the aiplane, silly.:p Supposed to be a pretty day tomorrow, so I plan to go flying. Otherwise, I'd head to the farm and try out my new toy.

Kaye

Oh, that stinks when that happens! Have you considered making a spare to keep in the car, or on your car key ring with one of those quick-disconnects? After all, you'll be driving it (the car) to the airport; so the key would be with you!

So tell me again, why'd you buy the new (insert name of tool)?

Oh, I left the keys at home.

I've done that. Luckily for me, the FBO has a set of keys (shhhh....in an unlocked cabinet). As long as they're open I borrow those and return 'em.

Worse, though, the last time I flew as I set up the cockpit I found out I didn't have the GPS in the flight bag. I had to FLY BLIND! I didn't go real far.:rolleyes:

Heck, our club just leaves the keys in the plane. Of course, they're in locked hangars. :p Combination locks, so I don't need to remember any keys (other than to the car I drove to the airport).

Gorgeous day, Sunday, and I went flying. You wouldn't believe how many times I double checked as I drove to the airport that I had the airplane keys. Then I worried about what else I forgot.....sheesh! But I had everything I needed for a great trip to Ocracoke! Had lunch and then flew up the Outer Banks. Man, from the air you can really tell it's just a sandbar, and people build houses on it.

I still think the senility thing is just around the corner.......as I headed home from the airport, I set the cruise control in the car and then kicked back with the hands off the wheel....just for a moment. Didja know that cars aren't like airplanes....you still have to drive 'em......cruise just doesn't do the same thing as autopilot.:goofy:

mikea said:
I've done that. Luckily for me, the FBO has a set of keys (shhhh....in an unlocked cabinet). As long as they're open I borrow those and return 'em.

Worse, though, the last time I flew as I set up the cockpit I found out I didn't have the GPS in the flight bag. I had to FLY BLIND! I didn't go real far.:rolleyes:

If you need a GPS to go have fun in an airplane, or go anywhere in an airplane, you have my sympathy.

I keep my keys to the plane in my flight bag, along with the keys to the hangar. I probably went out to the airport about 3 times to "check on something" in the hangar - without my flight bag. Now we have a combination lock.

Back