Semi-Professional Football

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Well, I found a flyer today advertising that the New Mexico Rams, a new semiprofessional football team, is holding tryouts.

The giddy kid in me went crazy thinking about it. I'm gonna try, and I know I'll fail since I'm in ****-poor shape. But I plan on seeing what a semipro tryout is like, and then next year, I'll be ready.

Time to relive some of my youthful teens.

SkyHog said:
Well, I found a flyer today advertising that the New Mexico Rams, a new semiprofessional football team, is holding tryouts.

The giddy kid in me went crazy thinking about it. I'm gonna try, and I know I'll fail since I'm in ****-poor shape. But I plan on seeing what a semipro tryout is like, and then next year, I'll be ready.

Time to relive some of my youthful teens.

Good luck.

Have not tried that but Some of my Large friends have Got there A$$'s kicked. I knew one fellow who I thought would fair well got hurt really bad.

I Broke my neck playing that sport Could have turned into something good. 6' 7" at that time weighed in at 325. (275 these days) And could Bench close to 400lbs. Yes you had better get in shape. There will people there that make me look small.

Do not get hurt trying to hold on to those youthful teens.

I have the same problems, I have been training a MULE to ride. I have a swollen head and knee, Got bucked and kicked all at the same time.
I will be 40 soon. I have quit this crap.

Be carefull.

dogman said:
Have not tried that but Some of my Large friends have Got there A$$'s kicked. I knew one fellow who I thought would fair well got hurt really bad.

I Broke my neck playing that sport Could have turned into something good. 6' 7" at that time weighed in at 325. (275 these days) And could Bench close to 400lbs. Yes you had better get in shape. There will people there that make me look small.

Do not get hurt trying to hold on to those youthful teens.

I have the same problems, I have been training a MULE to ride. I have a swollen head and knee, Got bucked and kicked all at the same time.
I will be 40 soon. I have quit this crap.

Be carefull.

What dogman said. I knew a semi-pro. He did the college thing then tried out for the NFL. Just barely got cut, so he got a real job (?) and went semi-pro for the fun of it.

The message is that you will run into (maybe literally) people who are almost pro quality and capability. If you are not in that league, well... ouch!

-Skip

ps: Not trying to discourage you! You might be in that league. I'm just letting you know who else is there already.

-S

Skip Miller said:
What dogman said. I knew a semi-pro. He did the college thing then tried out for the NFL. Just barely got cut, so he got a real job (?) and went semi-pro for the fun of it.

The message is that you will run into (maybe literally) people who are almost pro quality and capability. If you are not in that league, well... ouch!

-Skip

ps: Not trying to discourage you! You might be in that league. I'm just letting you know who else is there already.

-S

It's not size so much as being in great shape and tough. Look at the rare but always there, >200# pro football players under 6 feet tall. They're magnificent animals.

Of course then there's the ones that are in great shape, fast, AND big...

dogman said:
I will be 40 soon. I have quit this crap

What are you trying to teach him to ride? I'm boggling at the idea of a mule riding anything. How does the creature who is to be ridden by the mule feel about it? Or are you trying to teach him to ride a motorcycle or truck? ;) :drink:

Judy

Back