Seligman AZ (P23)

Pilawt

Final Approach
Santa Rosita State Park, under the big 'W'
Display Name

Display name:
Pilawt
This morning @CC268, his dad and I met up at P23 for breakfast. It's a short walk from the airport into Seligman, a small town on old Route 66, population 456. Lilo's Cafe serves a good meal at a reasonable price, and has a cool assortment of Route 66-themed T-shirts and other souvenir merchandise for sale. Good times! :)

We left, though, without answering the pressing question: Is it "SELL-ig-man", or "Se-LIGG-man" ... ? :confused:

Last edited:
We need to take up a collection and buy Carlen some different clothes. ;)

German American food?!!

Dang it! I should have gone...they're my peeps.

This morning @CC268, his dad and I met up at P23 for breakfast. It's a short walk from the airport into Seligman, a small town on old Route 66, population 456. Lilo's Cafe serves a good meal at a reasonable price, and has a cool assortment of Route 66-themed T-shirts and other souvenir merchandise for sale. Good times! :)

We left, though, without answering the pressing question: Is it "SELL-ig-man", or "Se-LIGG-man" ... ? :confused:

Awesome photos! Thanks so much! Can’t wait to fly again

We need to take up a collection and buy Carlen some different clothes. ;)

German American food?!!

Dang it! I should have gone...they're my peeps.

Haha you’ll notice I basically always wear a white shirt cause it’s just too dang hot to wear anything dark colored. Plus I dont like to sweat in my nice clothes :)

Trivia: John Lasseter, writer of the Pixar movie Cars, told an interviewer that the town of Radiator Springs in the film was based on Seligman AZ. :D

Yeah, I was surprised at how green it was up there.

I think I knew that...or heard that at some point. I love the Cars movies!

Went to the ‘Roadkill Cafe’ there years back. Is that still there or is it this place with a name change?

Very cool! Love the photos!

Went to the ‘Roadkill Cafe’ there years back. Is that still there or is it this place with a name change?

I think that was the place right across the street from Lilos where we ate

Further east down the street there’s a souvenir shop with a C-172N tail sticking up out of the roof. I checked the NTSB website, and sure enough, it was in a fatal box-canyon wreck about ten years ago. :(

Further east down the street there’s a souvenir shop with a C-172N tail sticking up out of the roof. I checked the NTSB website, and sure enough, it was in a fatal box-canyon wreck about ten years ago. :(

Wonder if its haunted. :yikes:

Back