Self Intro

david.h

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
david.h
Hi, my name is David and I am a pilot.

Just thought I'd do one of those introductory posts so ya'll (life long Texan) can have an idea of who I am. I don't post too often, actually rarely get the computer at home due to a wife and two boys constantly hogging the technology.

I fly an Archer, and grew up with an uncle who has a '49 bonanza flying with him a Lot. I probably had over 40 hours stick time when I went to take my first lesson. I have been in love with airplanes since I can remember, and it's in my blood. My dad, uncle, and other uncle are all aerospace engineers, as am I. We all fly RC planes and my parents have pictures of me picking up pieces of my dad's crashed rc planes while I was still in diapers. They were flying these things back when transmitters were the size of ice chest coolers and you had one control: right elevator up or down or neutral (would induce some roll control via one sided elevator).

Anyways, that's a bit about me, thanks for giving me a place to hang out and something to do when I should be working;). I hope to meet some of yall, and I need excuses to fly around this fall. I have never ventured much beyond central Texas in the plane and need to do some of that before I get too much older.

David

Welcome to POA! We have quite a few members in Texas.

David, good to meet you. We have a lot of PoA-ers in Texas, and sometimes we get together do foolish things like eating. Maybe one day soon, some of us can meet up at Fredericksburg or Llano for a burger or a rib!

I'm in your general hood now, as a matter of fact, but will fly home to Dallas (from Stinson) in the pre-heat morning.

Welcome, David.

You don't fly out of Boerne Stage by chance, do you?

I bet he flies out of one of those *other* airports in Boerne... :D

Welcome, David.

You don't fly out of Boerne Stage by chance, do you?

5c1. My dad and I own the plane together, 23J. My dad's working on his lisence with Ryan. I heard and read here about your oil issue in the 210.

5c1. My dad and I own the plane together, 23J. My dad's working on his lisence with Ryan. I heard and read here about your oil issue in the 210.

I'm sure I've seen the airplane before, but I can't say 100%. I'll be towing out there this weekend, and have been flying the cub alot lately. That was back in February with the 210, although my grey hair has just started coming in now.

we'll probably be taking the plane to lockheart for a b-day party, will let you know when as it gets closer.

I'm sure I've seen the airplane before, but I can't say 100%. I'll be towing out there this weekend, and have been flying the cub alot lately. That was back in February with the 210, although my grey hair has just started coming in now.

All one of them. ;)

Welcome David. We already met in the dog thread, but welcome here too.

Back