Self-adhering sun shades

Ah, I see. These ones are quite focal.

I was thinking about something larger that I might be able to slap on the front and rear windows when parked for the afternoon. I had previously tried something with suction cups, but they would release before my return to the aircraft. The one stuck to the rear window was more prone to an early failure.

I wonder whether something like this might perform better: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2TUW1I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I was thinking about something larger that I might be able to slap on the front and rear windows when parked for the afternoon. I had previously tried something with suction cups, but they would release before my return to the aircraft. The one stuck to the rear window was more prone to an early failure.
Ah- before I had my travel cover, I used an automotive shade (like fanfold mylar bubble wrap) that I bought at a car wash or gas station...

Ah- before I had my travel cover, I used an automotive shade (like fanfold mylar bubble wrap) that I bought at a car wash or gas station...
I've been using something like that for the front window, but they decay rapidly given the solar conditions that I experience. The more vexing problem is dealing with the rear window when I'm going to be on the ground in the heat for 3 - 4 hours.

I bought mine from the local Walmart store.

A large spring steel shade for the rear, two pairs for each side window, and an accordion style for the windscreen that I trimmed to fit.

I have Bruce's sun shades. They use suction cups for the side windows. I have not had any issues for up to 5 days, even though I don't stick all the suction cups.

Back