Seeking Accelerated Multi Engine Training

The fixed price places are making a bet that they can finish you up in less that the packaged hours,

if they do? they have lowered THEIR COSTS,

if they can't? they charge you for the extra hours.

It's a WIN/WIN for THEM!

The fixed price places are making a bet that they can finish you up in less that the packaged hours,

It's a WIN/WIN for THEM!
I would the think student can have some influence on the pace of the education process. If you haven't used the allotted hours and want more time to brush-up/build time, that should be something the student could control. CFI: "Do you feel comfortable taking your check ride?" Student: "I'd like to polish up the steep turns and IAP one more time, if that's ok." How can an instructor deny that?
I would want someone who is interested in keeping the process efficient. Some schools just want to keep the planes and CFIs in the air for as many wallet draining hours as possible. Each student and situation is different but I like the idea of a package deal to make it happen.
I reached out to a school and asked if I could do an accelerated multi-engine add-on. They seemed shocked that I wanted to get in done in a few days and said that it usually takes weeks, if not longer to do it.

Just my $0.02.

It's a WIN/WIN for THEM!

twisting their moustaches allllllll the way to the bank too! :p

I just did some (tailwheel) training at Riggin Flight Service in Madison, South Dakota. The owner is a DPE and he maintains a fleet of Piper Apaches, specializes in accelerated training, and offers an affordable boarding house for long-term students. Friendly, small town 'part 61 cowboy' operation that attracts pilots from all over the place.
I second the praises for Riggins Flight Training. After cycling through three other instructors/ schools (all of which made it too complicated) I flew commercially to Riggins and was done in days. They provided a car, housing and a DPE/ school environment which was focused and specific to getting the job done. Can’t recommend them more highly.

I got my multi at Riggins too. Low cost, got the job done. The airplanes are not nice, but then you aren't paying for nice.

I'm looking into getting my multi in St. Louis. Looks like it will cost me 4k.

I second CRAFT. Did my accelerated instrument with them a couple of weeks ago and going back on June 17th for my accelerated commercial. After that I will be going back a third time for my CFI. Very nice structured company.
Do you mind if I ask how much the craft accelerated IFR process cost? I’m pretty sure I saw a quote on their site, but was wondering if it was what they said. Also, did you have any G1000 or Diamond time before going?

Do you mind if I ask how much the craft accelerated IFR process cost? I’m pretty sure I saw a quote on their site, but was wondering if it was what they said. Also, did you have any G1000 or Diamond time before going?
The cost was exactly what their website says. I upgraded to the DA40-NG for the FADEC and air conditioning.
I had zero time flying any Diamonds or the G1000NXi. I am an A&P/IA and have worked on the Diamonds and G1000 aircraft so that helped a little.
CRAFT emails you ahead of time the links to download the Diamond POH and the G1000 pilot guide and any other relevant information you may need.

Was your DPE Don Hay out of Summerville? If so how did it go?

Back