Seeing wrong test questions

DaveInPA

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Passed my written commercial today with a 92pct - which i am happy with but would really like to see which questions I got wrong. I used dauntless for prep and was please with it and really poured over the 1000 questions they provide.

Thing is on the actual test it seemed like a lot of questions weren’t in the prep software. I’m not complaining about the software but rather wondering now how can I either see the real set of FAA questions so I can review against the sections I got wrong answers.

maybe this isn’t possible and I just need to let it go.....but that question about allowing a drunk friend to fly home from the football game is really bugging me!

They changed how they do the test a while back and no longer give out the questions and answers. Test prep software now relies on test takers to provide feedback of new questions they are seeing.

What test prep did you use?

I used dauntless software and very happy with it. The interface could use a refresh but I liked the explanations and they have a nice option to submit clarifying questions or challenge their answers.

The questions and answers are not published, but Sheppard Air manages to do the best job out of all the test-prep publishers of getting their hands on the newest questions, usually via debriefings from test takers. (This is not a plug for their product, I've only used it once because it was given to me for free.)

The questions and answers are not published, but Sheppard Air manages to do the best job out of all the test-prep publishers of getting their hands on the newest questions, usually via debriefings from test takers. (This is not a plug for their product, I've only used it once because it was given to me for free.)
Read and heard so many good things about Sheppard. I would have used it if it didn't require me to download and install a Windows program.

I used Sheppardair for my instrument and did really well in short order. Im currently using them from my commercial written.

You should at least be able to see the category of question that you got wrong and maybe be able to remember or figure out what you got wrong and why; That’s how your CFI will know what to review with you prior to your oral/practical.

The results will show you exactly to which line item in the ACS the missed questions were related.

Using that, and the references for that task, you should be able to easily determine where are your deficiencies.

For example, if one of the items listed was PA.XI.A.K1:

PA = Applicable ACS (Private Pilot ‒ Airplane)
XI = Area of Operation (Night Operations)
A = Task (Night Preparation)
K1 = Task element Knowledge 1 (Physiological aspects of vision related to night flying.)

Then take a look at the references for that task (FAA-H-8083-2, FAA-H-8083-3, FAA-H-8083-25; AIM) as they relate to Physiological aspects of vision related to night flying.

Back