Sedona 10/10/20

Weather in AZ looking good but a low to the west so not so promising coming from CA.

Yeah, we haven't had much rain in like 8 months...

I'm planning to touchdown at the early part of the window. So that I can find seating for my wife, myself and a couple of small, four-legged companions.

Take pics for those of us on the wrong side of the country who can’t be there! :)

I was supposed to be over there for the 195 convention, but it got cancelled this year. Next year...

Take pics for those of us on the wrong side of the country who can’t be there! :)

Oh boy, you haven't heard have you?

I lost my alternator about 40 minutes out and had to turn back and fly back to Tucson. I'll let Rusty tell his own story as soon as he figures it out.

But two planes managed to get there and back home.

Very pretty day in Sedona, but we didn't figure on the restaurant being as crowded as it was. We waited an hour to be seated in the outside patio, and we heard new arrivals being told that the wait would be an hour and a half.

A gusty crosswind, 7300' density altitude, and a closed taxiway requiring back-taxi on the runway for departure, all made things even more sporty. :D

DSC01393.jpeg

DSC01394.jpeg

Rusty snags the third wire on the USS Sedona!

DSC01398.jpeg

No, this one wasn't our group, but I liked the photo :p:

DSC01399.jpeg

Last edited:
Back