Sedan, Delta Hotel Victor, vent arrière pour piste Vingt-six

dppintr2

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rene
Flying in Europe is not fundamentally different from the US. Any pilot who can make a cross country flight in the US will be able to fly in Europe as well. Still, there are some differences per country. One of the differences in some countries is the mandatory use of the country's national language at uncontrolled airfields (or in the absence of ATS), such as in France.

266227lfsg.png

The trick is to memorize a few standard radio calls in French. In August we made a trip to the north-east of France, where we also visited uncontrolled airfields. For the rest, English can be used at all French air traffic control services and towered airports.

o_005.jpg

A trip report with pictures can be found here

-o-o-

It was interesting even in "English" speaking countries like Australia. The phraseology is different.

Good to know thanks.

When I recently rented a Skyhawk to fly around one patch in Europe, I asked the CFI (who had to be with me for legal reasons, cuz ya know, I'm a 'murken') how the tower guys' English was. He said to try them out. And they were excellent. Much much better than I anticipated. (I didn't expect bad English, just silly Euro pronunciation etc)

Back