Security theater....

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Gotta love this at the MCA Denver....

Exploring ideas of threat and security in American society, artists Adam Ames and Andrew Bordwin, known collectively as Type A, have conceived a new installation for MCA Denver entitled Guarded. The installation features an armed security guard stationed in the gallery monitoring nearly 30 objects deemed potentially dangerous by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). To highlight the theatrical nature of security procedures, the prohibited objects will only be visible to museum visitors on a series of closed-circuit security monitors.

http://www.mcadenver.org/index.php/exhibitions/Type_A

I'll try and get to the Exhibition, if only to see others react.

I'll go if they dress the armed guard as a Gestapo officer.

30 potentially dangerous objects..Let's see here:

a bottle of water
finger nail file
tweezers
an american citizen
a GA airplane (the twin towers destroying CE150 obviously)
someone's underwear

what else?

what else?

Three marbles
A dead bird on a string
book of matches
37 cents
"Cookie" Rojas's rookie card
old pen knife
ticket stub from yesterday's Phillies game

Pretty much the contents of my pockets at nine.

A toy plastic light saber
GI Joe's rifle (perhaps 2 inches long amd made of plastic)

Both of those were taken from children by the Thousands taking Stuff Away

A purse with the beaded design of six shooter.

A cupcake in a jar.

GI Joe's rifle (perhaps 2 inches long amd made of plastic)

Years ago at DFW, I watched the security drone stomp the alarm button because a guy had a 1" plastic pistol on his keyring. Once the airport police arrived, the drone would not let up on the "it's a deadly weapon to hijack a plane" routine.

Fruit. Cake.

Funny bit was that about 30 feet through security, the officer underhandedly handed the gun back to the tourist while acting like the Pink Panther.

You left out one, Tee Shirt with picture of hot chick, holding shotgun.

It's well known that Fruit Cake is dense enough that on the xray it looks like explosives to a TSA screener.

Funny how they don't freak out about oxygen being onboard in the air in the cabin. Dangerous stuff...

Another one:
Tooth picks. When are they going to ban toothpicks? (anyone remember the Douglas Adams reference to them and the instructions that come with them?)

Add to the list:

Adult diapers on very old ladies dying of terminal cancer.

Wheelchairs and walkers

5 ounces of shampoo. 4 ounces is fine. Multiple bottles of 4 ounce shampoo fine.

Any ziplock bag containing the above toiletries BUT the required quart size.

Underwires.

Steel shanks in shoes.

Dirty looks.

Opting out of the nudie-scanner.

Knives carried by those authorized to carry handguns (yes it still happens though not nearly as much as in the early years.)

Knives carried by those authorized to carry handguns (yes it still happens though not nearly as much as in the early years.)

That's nuts. They do this with all LEO's? My Colorado concealed carry permit, allows me to carry a firearm concealed, but not a knife over 3.5 inches. :rolleyes:

Didn't they stop a Medal of Honor winner from carrying his MOH aboard a flight?

It's well known that Fruit Cake is dense enough that on the xray it looks like explosives to a TSA screener.

Wow. They'd better not X-Ray any of the politicians who created their agency. ;) :yikes:

Back