Sectionals needed for Ontario Canada?

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
If flying to Ontario Canada / Toronto area, would you just use your normal Foreflight and US sectionals that cover the Ontario area or do you also need to pick up Canadian charts? And is there any website for Canadian charts made available online?

You can always contact Jeppesen - they have charts for the entire world. If you're just going on the south side of Ontario, the Detroit/Buffalo chart may be all you need.

Detroit/Lake Huron/Montreal/New York sectionals will more than adequately cover that area.

That’s what I’m thinking, where I’m going is on the Detroit sectional, but is that enough?

If flying to Ontario Canada / Toronto area, would you just use your normal Foreflight and US sectionals that cover the Ontario area or do you also need to pick up Canadian charts? And is there any website for Canadian charts made available online?

I've flown there many times, and never bothered to buy the Canadian charts. They are adequately covered by the U.S sectionals. No, they are not available online. I believe they are copyrighted.

You can get Canadian online sectionals at fltplan.com just pop in a flight plan and select Sectionals-Canada. Note its also available on their EFB fltpango (Free). I used it when I go up to Canada so I don't have to pay for the additional chart subscription.

upload_2022-9-8_15-57-6.png

Back