Second first solo

Nsconductor

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Nsconductor
30 years ago I flew solo,in a TH-55 at Hooper stage field near Fort Rucker. Today, I flew solo in a Schweizer 2-33. What a wonderful day! Just over 7 hours in getting ready. It was basically a non event and absolutely wonderful in the same moment. 2nd flight managed a 6000 feet altitude gain. Great day. Just wanted to shareImageUploadedByTapatalk1443315842.587887.jpg

30 years ago I flew solo,in a TH-55 at Hooper stage field near Fort Rucker. Today, I flew solo in a Schweizer 2-33. What a wonderful day! Just over 7 hours in getting ready. It was basically a non event and absolutely wonderful in the same moment. 2nd flight managed a 6000 feet altitude gain. Great day. Just wanted to shareView attachment 41671

Congrats!
I just had my own first glider solo a couple of weeks ago, and I am still on cloud 9. Amazingly was able to find a thermal and stay there indefinitely, until I got tired and decided it's time to go down and see if I can land on my own. :)
For me that was my third first solo, after airplanes and helicopters, and I can assure those who think there is only one first solo that each of those felt like it was the very first one.

Back