Second class medical, therapy

thisguy6

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
thisguy6
So I currently hold a third class medical. I am moving my way quickly through ratings and looking to get my commercial certificate soon. I would like to get a second class medical but here is the issue... When I went in for the third class about two years ago, I previously had a bought of depression and anxiety due to marital issues and went to a few therapy sessions. I listed those appointments in the recent visits with an explanation and the AME said it was ok and issued the medical. My problem now is that I do not remember if I checked yes on the box (18 m) or not since I did not receive any formal diagnosis. Is there anyway my AME can see my previous application and can the answer be changed to match? Thanks for the help!

Yes. The AME will see your previous medical interactions and how you answered questions previously.

You can request a copy of your airman file from the FAA. That way you can see exactly how you answered each question.

In the future, I suggest you keep a copy of your application so you can refer to it on future examinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can nearly guarantee that if you didn’t get a inquiry for the records, you didn’t report it. FAA demands the record just about 100% of the time.

the AME cannot tell if you did until the next medxpress goes live (uses the 12 digit code), unless he calls upon receipt of you printed airman copy (printed from you end) of the new medxpress.

Or, if he does what texttrbomb sez, he’s pulled the pin out of Grenade and the thing is live.

You can order your FAA medical record but it takes 4 month. A really good AME in the “Huddle” program can get the entire record in less than a week, however.....

.....but I gotta ask, how is it that you didn’t keep your old printed copy?

Thanks guys

...My previous application printout was lost (along with other important documents) during a divorce move

I have not received an inquiry for records but I definitely listed it with an explanation on the doctor visits list, but can't recall if I checked yes or no on 18m

Just wanted to see if there would be an issue if I checked "No" on this new application, then had to change it at the AME to match "Yes" on the old or vice versa. Or if that was even possible which it seems to be

the issue is a fact - report it, with your trusted and experienced AME.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back