Sebring Light Sport Expo

maddog52

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
maddog52
Got back from the Light Sport Expo in Sebring, Fl on Sunday evening. I took a few pictures and posted them in an album. Lot's of cool stuff. I really liked a Feisler Storch LSA. Piper was there a couple of days but pulled out after they got rid of all their t-shirts. Of course my personal favorite was the new FK 12 Comet.

Decent crowds on Thursday with nice weather. Pooring rain till late morning on Friday but it dried out that afternoon. Saturday morning was frosty till the wind picked up and it got cold. Flew Meg Goldlewski from GA News Saturday evening and let her "experience" the adaptive hand controls of the Sky Arrow. Look for an upcoming article.

Left Sunday afternoon and tagged along with Sean O'Donnell and Heather Schultz in their Sky Arrow. They had finished up Freedom Flight 2011. The Able Flight Fundraiser trying to raise money for flight training scholarships for wounded warriors. They raised over $12000. Excellent weather despite a few knots headwind. Overall a nice trip.

Attachments

• DSC01047.JPG
    DSC01047.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
I was there Saturday, looking around. Didn't see the Piper display. Had goods talk with the Rotax and Jabiru reps. Some nice airplanes, but many are so similar it makes one wonder how many and which will survive a further consolidation. I don't care for the carry-through member on the SkyCatcher which is right ahead of your head.

Back