Seat rails

rlove2908

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hotrod2908
I have been invoiced 17 hours labor to replace the four seat rails in my 172. Does this seem like too much to anyone but me?

I have been invoiced 17 hours labor to replace the four seat rails in my 172. Does this seem like too much to anyone but me?

Yes I do them and charge for 8 hours ( If you help it's 24)

sounds too much, I charge $60 an hour, and it probably takes 5 hours to do this job.

Just out of interest can you break that 8 hours down for me?

I Don't usually break down during work..

I charge 50 per hour, for working discrepancies.

Thanks guys.
I concider republicans and democras horns on the same ugly goat!

I know they are a real nuisance. Getting the old ones out is difficult, then they have to use them to line up the holes on the new ones. I watched the guy do it in my 182 several years ago. Although 17 hours seems WAY too much, it does take a good bit of time. But 4+ hours for each rail?? Sounds about double what it should take to me.

Yeah, late to the party but it's a little much. I haven't done a full set but did do one quite recently, took a little over an hour (think I invoiced 1.25) of my time and I had to enlist the help of my thin armed boss for about half an hour to buck a couple of the rivets I couldn't cram my arms into the floor quite far enough to reach.

So if I were to do a full set of 4 I'd probably fall between the two estimates of 5 and 8 hours, but I think that 2hrs per is a good guess ahead of time to leave some room for a SNAFU that isn't of my doing.

Yeah, late to the party but it's a little much. I haven't done a full set but did do one quite recently, took a little over an hour (think I invoiced 1.25) of my time and I had to enlist the help of my thin armed boss for about half an hour to buck a couple of the rivets I couldn't cram my arms into the floor quite far enough to reach.

So if I were to do a full set of 4 I'd probably fall between the two estimates of 5 and 8 hours, but I think that 2hrs per is a good guess ahead of time to leave some room for a SNAFU that isn't of my doing.

I do a couple sets per year, the trick to the most rearward 2 holes on each track are #5 rivets, you can't get a bucking bar heavy enough in the hole to buck a #5, so they get a AN525-6 screw and a ms 210XX-3 nut.

My issue is the front ones, I have long arms so the distance between my elbow and wrist is non condusive to those rivets.

Oddly I can get the rear ones, perhaps for the same reason I can't get the fronts, ionno but it works

Back