Searching FAA a/c registry

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
How do you fine all of one type in a particular state?
Ie you want a list of all C180's in Texas.
I did a search for a model and only 1/3 actually shoe a location.

There's no way to ask for the aircraft in a given state PERIOD. What you get back from the FAA database is the mailing address of the owner which may or may not be where the aircraft is located.

Landings.com has a better search engine on the database, I think. You can also just download the raw data from the FAA; it's not that big. If you're a programmer, I have some C++ stuff parses through it, but it's just a bunch of fixed length records. It's part of a program we use to check manufacture date for arrivals at Oshkosh so we can determine where they're allowed to park.

There's no way to ask for the aircraft in a given state PERIOD. What you get back from the FAA database is the mailing address of the owner which may or may not be where the aircraft is located.

Landings.com has a better search engine on the database, I think. You can also just download the raw data from the FAA; it's not that big. If you're a programmer, I have some C++ stuff parses through it, but it's just a bunch of fixed length records. It's part of a program we use to check manufacture date for arrivals at Oshkosh so we can determine where they're allowed to park.

You can download this in spread sheet form too

Go to http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/

Click on Make and Model

Click on the hyperlink for the state you're looking at (you can also down load all of US of A)

Click the Excel icon and download... form there you can manipulate the data if you know your way around excell

For the Cessna 180 there are 91 OWNERS listed in Texas

Click on the hyperlink for the state you're looking at (you can also down load all of US of A)
Do you mean the link under "Number of Aircraft Assigned" (in which not every entry has a hyperlink)?
I know if you find the state you want then click on it, you will not see all a/c of that type associated with the state clicked on.
Thanks

I download the full FAA database every year. Here's the Texas-registered Cessna 180s as of January of this year.

Note that this only those whose owners are listed as being in Texas; others may be based there but registered to LLCs, etc. in another state.

Ron Wanttaja

Attachments

• Cessna 180.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 5
Do you mean the link under "Number of Aircraft Assigned" (in which not every entry has a hyperlink)?
I know if you find the state you want then click on it, you will not see all a/c of that type associated with the state clicked on.
Thanks

This is true, you will not find all of the aircraft that are physically in the state you are inquiring about.. only those that have a registration address as others have noted... but at least you now have a starting point... Here is a listing for the C152 in California...

Delaware always seem to have a lot of planes... hmmmmmm;) Must be the corporation laws!!

A while back I did a mailer to some folks that had a plane I was looking for... one of them got back to me telling the plane was sold a few years back:eek:

Attachments

• 152.pdf
    154.4 KB · Views: 2
Back