Seaplane add-on, Seattle area

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
When I get done working the contract I am on in Central WA I was thinking of going over to do my Seaplane rating for the heck of it.

I think I settled on Kenmore Air unless ya'll can make a case to go somewhere else ?

Thanks, Jeff

that's the number for Kennmore

HU6-1257 is 486-1257.

he must be from the 40's:D

I like old movies. Seemed like that's what it was.
8.4 sec on google confirmed it.

Have fun.

I am thinking of there or in AK for a seaplane add on next year.

let us know how you like it if you go.

I never had so much fun "working" on anything than I did when I did my ASES training. It was a total blast. I am planning on doing some recurrent seaplane training next month.

that's the number for Kennmore

HU6-1257 is 486-1257.

he must be from the 40's:D

Yes, from the 40's. Not even a "Bommer." Missed that by 17 days.

That is the number I still remember from my rating at Kenmore in 1965.

Bill Fisk, the examiner sat in the upstairs office overlooking the lake. When my check ride came, he told me to go down on the dock, untie the Super Cub, taxi out in the lake and come back in and dock.:yes:

If I could do that, while he sipped coffee and watched, he would continue the ride!

But, all Bill really wanted to do was talk about fishing.:lol:

Isn't that strange. I can't find a single picture of Bill, who also flew B-24s in WWll.

Last edited:
I fantasize often about putting our 180 on amphibs.

I love to fish and that has to be an ultimate blast to land on lakes. There are so many possibilities ...

Kenmore will serve you well.

Other option is Seattle Seaplanes, but Kenmore is the top choice, they really have this stuff down to a science and their pilots, well it's easier to get hired into a major airline than kenmore.

HUdson 6-1257

Wow, I guess that I'm dating myself since I knew it was a phone number almost instantly. My wife is 10 years younger so I bet she wouldn't have a clue.

My number growing up started UL2

+1 for Kenmore. I haven't taken their seaplane course yet but I have been around their operation and pilots. Man I wish I could get hired on there. Class act!

Yes, from the 40's. Not even a "Bommer." Missed that by 17 days.

That is the number I still remember from my rating at Kenmore in 1965.

Bill Fisk, the examiner sat in the upstairs office overlooking the lake. When my check ride came, he told me to go down on the dock, untie the Super Cub, taxi out in the lake and come back in and dock.:yes:

If I could do that, while he sipped coffee and watched, he would continue the ride!

But, all Bill really wanted to do was talk about fishing.:lol:

Isn't that strange. I can't find a single picture of Bill, who also flew B-24s in WWll.

That's awesome. Different times. In another 20 years there won't be checkrides. You might offend someone by failing them and we can't have that.

Back