Sea plane training...

cwoods798

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chris W.
Does anyone know of a reputable sea plane school in louisiana, mississippi, tennessee, or arkansas? Just want to get the commercial add on. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

No I'm not familiar with the SPA site, but will check it out now. Are there many jobs out there flying a seaplane?

Yeah I was actually just looking at southern seaplane, unfortunately they don't have any information on their website for training. I have thought about florida as well, plenty of places down there

Yeah I was actually just looking at southern seaplane, unfortunately they don't have any information on their website for training. I have thought about florida as well, plenty of places down there

Jack brown seaplanes, winter haven.

Jack brown seaplanes, winter haven.
That's where mine was done.

If it's just a fun add-on, it will be an easy weekend.
If you're going for work, they'll make it much more difficult for you.

It will more or less just be a fun add-on, but I want quality training too

Thanks for all the input, I have decided on jack browns seaplane school in winter haven florida. I'll be headed down there next month to do the commercial add on. Again, thanks for the advice and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

At Jack Browns you will have to fly to the level of the cert you hold,so if you are going commercial or ATP,will be more flying which means more money.

At Jack Browns you will have to fly to the level of the cert you hold,so if you are going commercial or ATP,will be more flying which means more money.

Are you saying that you must fly to ATP pts standards if you hold an atp or that you must get an atp ses?

I was told that I would get a commercial ses priveledges on my atp. Just like I have commercial priveledges sel now.

I would expect to be judged to commercial pts standards on a commercial ses add on. Not that it is that hard to fly to atp standards anyway.

You can do it to commercial standards. If I'm required to do it to ATP standards just because I have an ATP AMEL I better the hell be getting an ATP ASES out of it! Only kicker about doing the ATP ASES is that you have to have 50 hours in a ASES before you can take the practical.

Back