Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
Looking at potential get-together sites for 2022. Yeah, the weather is not great right now; the 2nd date for a Pre-Christmas Burger is getting rained out. :(

Just tossing some ideas out to see if any of them "stick to the wall". Dates and weather will obviously play a factor, so you may be interested, but the date or weather may work out. That happens. Then if there's interest we can see about finding a good date, and hope that Mother Nature doesn't "rain on our parade".

If you have another idea, check "Other" and post your idea(s).

The poll and this list are just here to get the discussion kicked off; and for me to try out making a poll. :)

Pik-N-Pig - still under re-construction, so their opening date will be one driver for when

Tuskegee Airmen National Museum - Tuskegee is a small place. Lunch may be challenging.

National Museum of the US Air Force - could easily be a weekend trip. That's supposed to be large, plus there are other things to do in Dayton as well.

Wright Brothers Memorial - could be a day trip, could be a weekend trip depending upon what people want

Southern Soul BBQ - great lunch destination, but others could spend the weekend on St Simons Island if they desire.

SCBC's are pre-arranged events, don't forget about those.....

Tullahoma Beechcraft museum.

Our EAA chapter has flown there and ordered pizza delivered to the museum.

Last edited:
At this rate, I’m good for anywhere. I REALLY want to hit the Pig, so hopefully we can make that happen when they reopen.

I also wouldn’t mind going to Moonlight BBQ at OWB sometime.

Latest word on Pik 'n Pig re-opening is May of '22.

This place looks good [mentioned in an earlier post] , Smithfield NC KJNX

"Conveniently located above Blue Line Aviation, Low and Slow Smokehouse allows for multiple means of transportation by air or ground to come and experience our menu of carefully crafted BBQ recipes."

https://www.lowandslowsmokehouse.com/?hsLang=en

"Conveniently located above Blue Line Aviation, Low and Slow Smokehouse allows for multiple means of transportation by air or ground to come and experience our menu of carefully crafted BBQ recipes."

That looks nice. Right on the airport.

while the food is good, i dont think being conveniently above blue line will be beneficial as those tie-downs are for their flight line and the door that is “conveniently” there is locked from outside traffic..

but good choice nevertheless.

I need to fly more places. But I've been saying that for years. :(

There's always LuLu's a short walk from KJKA.

Back