Scuba diving question

I heard that too... in fact, not just "a dose", but enough to cause HEAVY sedation. It was hinted that the kids were only semi-conscious and were basically being carried out. No idea if that's true, but that's what the report said (on NPR).

With a full face mask they could breathe well and heavily sedated they won’t panic. Kinda makes sense.

That would be the only way to get me IN a cave......

I greatly enjoy cave diving. But it's certainly not for the faint of heart, the claustrophobic, or the untrained. It requires considerable discipline to be done safely.

Interestingly, and to keep this aviation related, one of the "founding fathers" of the National Association of Cave Divers was a gentleman I knew named Rory Dickens. He developed the first training curriculums, wrote portions of the first cave diving manual, and wrote a book on the physics of scuba diving. Dickens was a former USN fighter pilot, and he carried over what he learned there when he was developing cave diving standards. Training methods and the use of checklists in cave diving somewhat parallel aviation's.

I greatly enjoy cave diving. But it's certainly not for the faint of heart, the claustrophobic, or the untrained. It requires considerable discipline to be done safely.

Interestingly, and to keep this aviation related, one of the "founding fathers" of the National Association of Cave Divers was a gentleman I knew named Rory Dickens. He developed the first training curriculums, wrote portions of the first cave diving manual, and wrote a book on the physics of scuba diving. Dickens was a former USN fighter pilot, and he carried over what he learned there when he was developing cave diving standards. Training methods and the use of checklists in cave diving somewhat parallel aviation's.

And FWIW, he didn't die in a cave. Turns out that helping ungrateful kids is far more dangerous.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/teen-pleads-to-killing-popular-teacher

Back