Scuba diving decompression sickness 11 year ago

Dee Scar used to do a slide show / presentation / lecture one night a week. If she's still doing it, don't miss the opportunity to attend. When I went it was well worth the time.

When I was there back in the 90s, her show was outdoors at one of the resorts and she'd project slides onto the side of a building. Sitting out under the evening stars, sipping a drink, and seeing her presentation made for a wonderful evening.

Dee Scar used to do a slide show / presentation / lecture one night a week. If she's still doing it, don't miss the opportunity to attend. When I went it was well worth the time.

When I was there back in the 90s, her show was outdoors at one of the resorts and she'd project slides onto the side of a building. Sitting out under the evening stars, sipping a drink, and seeing her presentation made for a wonderful evening.
I suspect we'll go back to Bonaire for a dedicated vacation. This trip will be from a cruise ship. AB Dive will pick us up and drop us.

Just bought two dive backpacks from a local dive shop. My carrying 200 lbs of gear between sites is over!!

I'm on my way back. I know, it didn't happen without pictures! Give me two weeks. Bonaire was my favorite based on coral variety, fish volume and diversity and water clarity. Coral bleaching has been a problem but the reef is recovering and colors were bountiful. Curacau was a close second. Great wreck dive. Dive master was a hoot. I've dived Grand Cayman twice from a cruise coordinated trip. Never again. They take you to sites close to the cruise terminal, which in my opinion, are pretty weak compared to the rest of the island. I'll be fine if I never dive Aruba again. Maybe it was weather, but, visibility was around 12 feet. No coral. Wrecks were not even featureful but rather piles of distorted metal. Sorry Aruba, but considering the beautiful locations in the Caribbean, you fall short.

Here's the proof :) My wife and I in Curacao.
1703274731123.png
1703274774189.png

I have a friend (diving and flying) who got severely bent (chamber ride and everything). Subsequent medicals were not a problem.

I have a friend (diving and flying) who got severely bent (chamber ride and everything). Subsequent medicals were not a problem.
Probably they got a medical renewed right away after the event, so all the treatment was recent and the doctors cleared them to dive again. I was given the same paper clearance to dive again. The problem in my case is 13 year laps of time and records are not accessible anymore. Likely the FAA will ask for lot of expensive testing to be done, and who knows what else. I have chosen to just do light sport since it fits what I want to do. Maybe down the road later I might look at a PPL if I ever want to. I see no reason to open the can of worms for now. I had 6 hours in the chamber then another 3 hours next day breathing 100% oxygen at depth was fun.

Maybe we open a new thread somewhere else on diving since seems to be more recent posts that are not related to this.

Last edited:
Back