Screaming jets

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Hark! What's that I hear? Sounds like a Blue Angel or 5 flitting around over my house. Practicing for the air show on Saturday. Way cool. Although the dog isn't too happy right now.

Hark! What's that I hear? Sounds like a Blue Angel or 5 flitting around over my house. Practicing for the air show on Saturday. Way cool. Although the dog isn't too happy right now.
How was the show? This is the first year in quite a few that we haven't seen the BAs. Though we did manage to (unexpectedly) squeeze in a TB show!

Really, is there a better sound in the world (except for maybe a baby laughing)?

Well maybe when the Blue Angels used to fly F-4 Phantoms ...:yes:

The show Saturday was pretty good. Starfighters, a show combining P51/F4/F16 was neat, the usual tumbling Stearmans, Staudachers, Extras etc. Patty was a little off her game and a little sloppy though. The Blues lost #5 halfway through the show (as in it went back to base) but it was still good. We had a front row beachside spot, which was really nice until the tide came in and a big wave got my Canon digital SLR. Have to take it in today and see if it can be repaired.

We had a front row beachside spot, which was really nice until the tide came in and a big wave got my Canon digital SLR. Have to take it in today and see if it can be repaired.

That has happened to me too:hairraise: I now take items that I don't mind becoming a beach causualty...Cheap Sunglasses, digital camera, radio, etc.

I missed the show this weekend for the first time in many years. :( I just had so much other stuff going on that I just couldn't make it.

I remember the Blue's flying F-4's. In fact I've seen fly every type since the F-11 Tiger. As far as the Thunderbirds are concerned, the last time I saw them was at Eglin AFB sometime in the mid 60's. They were flying the F-100 Super Saber.

The show Saturday was pretty good. Starfighters, a show combining P51/F4/F16 was neat, the usual tumbling Stearmans, Staudachers, Extras etc. Patty was a little off her game and a little sloppy though. The Blues lost #5 halfway through the show (as in it went back to base) but it was still good. We had a front row beachside spot, which was really nice until the tide came in and a big wave got my Canon digital SLR. Have to take it in today and see if it can be repaired.

That sucks Ken. Good luck at the repair shop...

Cheers,

-Andrew

I missed the show this weekend for the first time in many years. :( I just had so much other stuff going on that I just couldn't make it.

I remember the Blue's flying F-4's. In fact I've seen fly every type since the F-11 Tiger. As far as the Thunderbirds are concerned, the last time I saw them was at Eglin AFB sometime in the mid 60's. They were flying the F-100 Super Saber.

Last time for the Thunderbirds for me was in 1971 or 72 at Fairchild AFB near Spokane. F-4s at that time. Blues a few years ago in Seattle. We were at Safeco Field for a Mariners game and you could see part of the routine from the concourse. Always a big deal around here.

That sucks Ken. Good luck at the repair shop...
Better luck than I could have imagined. It had only gotten splashed a little, and I had dried it off ASAP. But before taking it in today, I cleaned around the lens mounting area with alcohol and, when that dried, it works in all modes!!!

Better luck than I could have imagined. It had only gotten splashed a little, and I had dried it off ASAP. But before taking it in today, I cleaned around the lens mounting area with alcohol and, when that dried, it works in all modes!!!

Excellent!! I'd pick up a Giottos Rocket Blower and make sure you blow the inside out (in case any little silica gremlins made it past the lens mount).

I was down at my local pro lab today, picking up 5 rolls of E-6 from them. They weren't ready; they had a line crisis yesterday when the machine ate someone's wedding film. Ouch...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back