Scrappers stop at nothing

n20junkie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Farmer
Well for some, you will remember that I reported a V-tail bonanza crashed. It was kinda big news, and I went to look at it a week after it crashed. When I pulled up I first noticed that the prop had its blades cut off. Sure as S^#& the grond has aluminum shavings. Ends up scrappers cut the blades off. Nice, nothing is safe from these crazy theives.

Are you sure it was scrappers and not someone looking for props to sell as "decoration" or use in making furniture or something?

We had speed limit signs stolen off of our highway construction project, they will stop at nothing.

My local construction site had 800 Feet of Welding Cable stolen last weekend :hairraise: they had it pulled up on the steel decking too, so someone found a way to shimmy up columns, or brought their own ladder one night.

Are you sure it was scrappers and not someone looking for props to sell as "decoration" or use in making furniture or something?

I guess its possible, even though you probable could have unbolted it if you really wanted it, it was pretty tore up.

And then there are the morons - or Darwin candidates - that try and steal copper 'lectrical cable that's energized. More than one has been fried (or, technically, cooked) that way.

And then there are the morons - or Darwin candidates - that try and steal copper 'lectrical cable that's energized. More than one has been fried (or, technically, cooked) that way.
Just think of it as evolution in action.

In my line of work we call that "fully rehabilitated".

Jim G

One such nimrod expired just last week in Dallas. Was rescued by firefighters (at great personal risk, of course) from a power pole where he was engaged in his nefarious enterprise, and guessed wrong.

He was actually awake and interacting during the rescue, but it was involved (he was fused to the wires, if you want a not-too-pleasant mental image), and his internal injuries were pretty profound.

You really should not ever mess with power lines.

So they learned to play it safe by stealing live telephone cables. That just kills service (like 911 calls) to hundreds of homes.

There's legislation pending in California to increase penalties for the teefs and the scrap yards who buy from them.

my buddy's wife lost 2 catalytic converters off her SUV in an RTD park and ride lot last week ... slimeballs with a sawzall

Back