Scrambled Eggs

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
I just made the most delicious scrambled eggs I have ever eaten in my life.

-Rich

With ketchup?

No, I'm doing the low-carb thing.

I had a piece of pepper jack cheese that was a day away from drying out, so I grated it in the food processor. Then I tossed some beef jerky in there, just because, well, I had some. Then I added four eggs, some water to make them fluffy, and dashes of salt, pepper, and parsley. Topped them off with a splash of habanero sauce when they were cooked, and voila -- the best scrambled eggs I ever ate.

-Rich

I was in the process of making the best sunny side up eggs I've ever made a couple months ago, then a 5.9 hit and they became the best scrambled eggs I've ever made.

"Scrambled Eggs" was the working title of The Beatles' "Yesterday."

Chet Atkins was why George Harrison played a Gretch Country Gentleman for much of his early career. The Beatles were huge Rock-a-Billy fans. Listen to their early music. Lots of twang. Roy Orbison, Elvis, and Buddy Holly were huge influences.

It's hilarious how you guys can start a thread about anything!

I always thought scrambled eggs ended up on military hats. Like this...

mens_commander_complete.jpg

I am a snob about eggs, rarely eat someone else's....
My preference is two large eggs and a good squirt of tap water, whisk well. Salt and pepper. THE best. Never, ever cook them so much they get that stink to them; ugh - put me off em for a month.

"Scrambled Eggs" was the working title of The Beatles' "Yesterday."
Watch Paul sing those lyrics

http://www.thedailybriefing.info/jimmy-kimmel/paul-mccartney-jimmy-fallon-“scrambled-eggs”-video/

Scrambled Eggs
Oh my baby how I love your legs
but not as much as I love scrambled eggs
Oh we should eat some scrambled eggs
Waffle Fries
Oh my darling how I love your thighs
But not as much as waffle fries
Oh have you tried the waffle fries
They are so damn good that they should be illegal
They’re like regular fries but they;re shaped like a waffle
Tofu wings
Oh my baby when I hear you sing
All I think about is tofu wings
Oh did you bring the tofu wings
There’s a place I know where I go for kick ass wings
We could even get a side of onion rings
Scrambled eggs
Oh my baby how I love your legs
Not as much as I love scrambled eggs
Oh lets go get some sscrambled eggs
mmmm mmmm mmm mmmm mmmm mmm mmmm

Eggs plus cream, with a little garlic and cheddar cheese thrown into the mix. Serve with salsa (homemade of course).

My lunch today is an omelet sandwich. I separated four eggs, and added the whites to the whites left over from my ice cream making. I beat the whites, and added just enough to the yolks (and some milk or cream) so it was all evenly covered. Into my small cast iron skillet covered for a few minutes, then flipped into my small Circulon skillet, covered in cheese, and cooked covered until done. Serve on a bun with ketchup or salsa. One of the best lunches I have ever made or had.

I use whole milk instead of water, and sometimes hit them with cilantro.

Garlic is the way to go with eggs. Or vanilla. None of that cilantro crap.

Thanks for the Christmas present everyone.

Eggman

I prefer Eggs Blackstone: Grilled English muffin halves topped with fried eggs, fried tomato, bacon, and melted cheddar. Old cheddar. Some onion is good, too. If your cholesterol is down a quart, this will top it up nicely.

Dan

I am a snob about eggs, rarely eat someone else's....
My preference is two large eggs and a good squirt of tap water, whisk well. Salt and pepper. THE best. Never, ever cook them so much they get that stink to them; ugh - put me off em for a month.

I'm right there with you. I cook mine almost exactly like you say.

The squirt of water(or milk) helps get the fluffiness. Constant agitation while cooking is key too. They will continue to cook for a minute or so after removing the eggs from the heat source so removing them BEFORE they look done is a must!

Try it without adding salt or pepper before cooking. Then, add a bit of freshly ground pepper once you plate it. Delish! :thumbsup:

Sadly, it seems most grill cooks can't tell the difference between cooking scrambled eggs and cooking and omelet.

my grandpa was a cook in the army in the late 50's. he cooked a couple hundred eggs every morning. he always said you knew if there was shell in the egg if you ordered over hard and got scrambled.

i usually just crack the egg on a skillet, break the yolk and fry it until its all solid.

Bit of milk, onions, cheese - using only butter in a frying pan. Top with some ketchup! Ymmmm..! Don't overcook.

Gary

You guys have me drooling all over this keyboard. Probably going to short it out and I'll have to get a new one.

Dan

Back