Scottsdale or Deer Valley?

Scottsdale has a parking fee of $5/night for their transient ramp for piston singles, $15 for twins and $75 for jets. That is on the west side. If you park with Signature that's on the west side, and I'm unsure what their fee is since they own/lease that ramp.

Landmark charges $25 facility fee or 7 gallons for most piston singles. $40 or 15 gallons IIRC for piston twins. There is also a $5-$15 "security fee" that is non-waivable, the amount depends on the type of aircraft you're in. If you park on the "tango" ramp you can avoid those fees by entering and exiting via the main terminal at SDL. A lot of people do that, but a lot of people also don't know they can do that. You can drop your parking fee in the drop box and they won't bill you later. Yes, there is someone that wanders the ramp at night and bills people if they don't pay one of the FBOs or the box.

CHD is my preferred airport, that's where my little bird lives. That being said I've done SDL and DVT a lot.... I prefer SDL. Yeah, there are a lot of jets and they're preferred there, but the controllers are top notch and it's an extremely easy airport to navigate. It is more expensive. You pay for convenience. Landmark and Signature are both your standard big-name FBOs, take your preference or pick wherever you're closest to (Sounds like Landmark for you). If you ask nicely Landmark may waive half the facility fee.

Scottsdale has a parking fee of $5/night for their transient ramp for piston singles, $15 for twins and $75 for jets. That is on the west side. If you park with Signature that's on the west side, and I'm unsure what their fee is since they own/lease that ramp.
Landmark is the FBO on the North West side of the field. Signature in on the east side (south side of the runway).

Probably too late but DVT has an observation deck and ice cream. I'll hand them my money all day for that. :)

But we've also gone into Glendale.

Whatever floats your boat. PHX is busy airspace. Look outside and don't play with the gadgets.

Landmark is the FBO on the North West side of the field. Signature in on the east side (south side of the runway).

If you go too far north on the west side you will be in Signature territory. They own the hangars where EAM is and have a large portion of the kilo ramp. So they are on both sides of the runway.

If you go too far north on the west side you will be in Signature territory. They own the hangars where EAM is and have a large portion of the kilo ramp. So they are on both sides of the runway.

So they have a presence on both sides of the runway?

So they have a presence on both sides of the runway?

Yes. Signature has the worst ramp set up in all aviation. There is no way for them to taxi an airplane into a parking spot and chock and walk away. Every airplane needs to be towed into a parking spot (unless it's very short term) . Because of this they park many airplanes on the other side of the runway by towing them across the field.

Back