Scot goes solo!

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
I cut another fledgling loose from the nest this past Sunday. He was actually fully capable of soloing on Friday, except for an incomplete presolo test. So he worked hard on that Saturday, then soloed on Sunday with his wife and a couple of buddies looking on. He admitted to some fear, but confidence won out!

Congrats, Scot!

P.S. If the winds hadn't worked against us, I would have soloed another student that same day. Hopefully next Sat. will be more cooperative for him.

Attachments

• PekarekScot_FirstSolo_web.jpg
    PekarekScot_FirstSolo_web.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
You seem like a fun instructor. That's great. And congrats!

Looks cold!

---

Congrats to Scot, and kudos to you for your enthusiasm and support for your students; good for GA!

Jonsey, you are propagating the pilot population single handed and I salute you for that. I am sure that the success of your students is a direct result of quality of your instruction. Hats off to you sir.

Jonsey, you are propagating the pilot population single handed and I salute you for that. I am sure that the success of your students is a direct result of quality of your instruction. Hats off to you sir.

Second that. For the first time in my life I wish I lived in Minnesota!

Thanks, but I just get to ride along and watch people realize their dreams. It doesn't get much better than that! :thumbsup:

No...I'm in a Twelve Step Program for recovering lawyers. :lol: Trying to avoid a relapse but this economy isn't helping!!

Congrats on the students solo. Its great to hear someone who loves to teach flying. Then of course after your previous profession ........ Spike and I need to join that 12 step program. Do they have meetings in Philly and Dallas?:D

Congrats on the students solo. Its great to hear someone who loves to teach flying. Then of course after your previous profession ........ Spike and I need to join that 12 step program. Do they have meetings in Philly and Dallas?:D
Yes, but they cost $650/hour. :D

Great job to student and teacher! You're having an excellent run, Loren!

Back