School Me on Maule M-9

My dog standing on 4 small paws has a pretty high lbs per square inch pressure. He doesn't seem to fall through anything. More depends on what the support is under a surface, than the surface material itself.
That was my point, look under the 1/4” ply.

I've been flying my Maule for 8 years now and am very happy with it. Having a steel tube fuselage is like flying with a roll cage around you. I know one pilot that put his Maule in the trees in the Pacific Northwest and walked away from the accident without a scratch. That roll cage was the main reason he was unhurt. The stressed aluminum skin in a monocoque airframe like Cessna builds can produce lots of jagged edges in a crash like that. The capabilities of Maules and Cessnas with similar power are not very different. It mostly boils down to personal preference and the size of your bankroll.

Maule did not certify an M9. If you order one, you get an M7 with some STC'd mods and a new name. Since the M9 is basically an M7 with a few mods to increase the gross weight, you might want to just buy an M7 unless the couple hundred pounds increase in gross is worth the cost difference to you.

Maule did not certify an M9. If you order one, you get an M7 with some STC'd mods and a new name. Since the M9 is basically an M7 with a few mods to increase the gross weight, you might want to just buy an M7 unless the couple hundred pounds increase in gross is worth the cost difference to you.

The upped gross would be nice to have, since amphibs are a lot heavier than the gear being removed.

Back