Schemmp Hirth Quintus first flight

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
This is a new Open Class glider and a few of them are supposed to be flying at the World Championships in Uvalde, TX this summer.

German with English subtitles.

Beautiful.

Thats very cool. Those q-tip shaped sail planes with the long wings look so sleek but alway look like the wing will snap off midway.

the long wings are flexible but very strong Adam.

Beautiful.

Hey Lance the Quintus has the same wing as the new Antares 23E. Antares claims the performance of the 23E as 60:1 at 78 knots. I can get you the number for the dealer if you're interested :)

Wow- it's packed with cool design features. The wing is very interesting, and I was surprised to see the prop deploy, lol!

i think something like 80% of new gliders come with either self launch or sustainer engines. also pretty sure that in the open class having some sort of engine on board allows an extra 100 kg max weight so its a major advantage to have the engine.

i think something like 80% of new gliders come with either self launch or sustainer engines. also pretty sure that in the open class having some sort of engine on board allows an extra 100 kg max weight so its a major advantage to have the engine.
But a BIG penalty to deploy it in competition.

And my heart was so set on a Diana 2. :D

same penalty as landing out but without the penalty of waiting for a retrieve, rigging, derigging, getting home late etc etc

So how much does a bird like that cost?

Also if they want to build confidence in their product they should avoid naming it after one of the three stooges.

Back