Schaumburg Saturday (3/5)

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hey folks,

Jim Hausch and I will be flying to Schaumburg for lunch at Pilot Pete's on Saturday. Should arrive around Noon. Anyone want to join us? Hope to see everyone I missed last Friday there! :yes:

Are ya sure? I see a storm coming.

I think I'm in. Hopefully Scott's tooth will be fixed by then!

I think I'm in. Hopefully Scott's tooth will be fixed by then!
The tooth is pretty FUBAR right now, but I can eat.
I have to have some gum surgery next week just so the other dentist can get an impression made for the crown. Last week he removed that broken part of the fractured tooth and told me to chew on the other side of my mouth. Since he pulled the piece out the swelling and irritation have gone away and I feel better. But this whole endouver is just starting. It will take about a month to 6 weeks to get everything straitened out.

As for Saturday I will have to see what my schedule is like. Right now it looks good.

If the weather's crappy we'll re-schedule. I think I also mentioned 4/2 as a possibility. I want to see that beautiful DA40 and learn more about the club.

I know just north of the WI border the weather should be O.K. on Sat.

Awww... I have a crop weekend planned with a couple of friends from my scrapbook club, but have fun without me. :( I like Pilot Pete's... not to mention it's close to Woodfield Mall. :)

Awww... I have a crop weekend planned with a couple of friends from my scrapbook club, but have fun without me. :( I like Pilot Pete's... not to mention it's close to Woodfield Mall. :)
And I'll likely be driving, so we could take you there! :)

I wish I could get away. I have a city council candidate forum thingy to do.

Well, Leslie and I plan to be there regardless of the weather.

For those who are planning to fly, note that there is no instrument approach at Schaumburg.
KORD 042309Z 0423/0524 36010KT 5SM -SHRA BR SCT008 OVC025CB
TEMPO 0423/0424 1 1/2SM SHRA BR BKN008 OVC025CB
FM050000 03011KT 3SM BR BKN007 OVC020
TEMPO 0500/0503 2SM -SHRA BR
FM050300 02013KT 3SM RA BR OVC004
FM050700 01015G25KT 3SM -FZRASN BR OVC004
FM051000 01020G30KT 3SM -SN BR OVC004
FM051500 36016KT P6SM OVC010

KDPA 042215Z 0422/0518 03010KT 3SM -SHRA BR OVC023CB
TEMPO 0422/0424 2SM SHRA BR BKN013 OVC023CB
FM050000 03009KT 5SM BR SCT008 OVC020
TEMPO 0500/0503 4SM -SHRA BR
FM050300 02013KT 3SM RA BR OVC004
FM050700 01015G25KT 3SM -FZRASN BR OVC004
FM051000 01020G30KT 3SM -SN BR OVC004

Last edited:
Well, Leslie and I plan to be there regardless of the weather.

For those who are planning to fly, note that there is no instrument approach at Schaumburg.

Yeah, looks like we're probably out. Going to meet at MSN at 11 anyway - Wx looks like it might be good enough there to at least take 'er up for a spin, but since Schaumburg is a VFR airport and it's looking IFR... Oh well.

If the weather ends up clearing out, we'll head down.

I haven't seen anybody else say they were coming, aside from Scott, and he hasn't committed!

I'll drive down but we could meet closer to you, Grant.

BTW, I just was told that 94th Aero Squadron has a great Sunday brunch.

I'll drive down but we could meet closer to you, Grant.

BTW, I just was told that 94th Aero Squadron has a great Sunday brunch.
Let's plan on 94th Aero Squadron (at KPWK) on Sunday, 3/6. Maybe the weather will be better, and others can fly in! Scott, let us know if that won't work for you. Nothing (except my waistline) says we can't do both!

Let's plan on 94th Aero Squadron (at KPWK) on Sunday, 3/6. Maybe the weather will be better, and others can fly in! Scott, let us know if that won't work for you. Nothing (except my waistline) says we can't do both!

Let's see how far I get on homework today. I am stopped on a database recursion issue for one of my classes right now.

...BTW, I just was told that 94th Aero Squadron has a great Sunday brunch.

Hang on until we verify my intel. They seem to only be open for dinner.
http://www.the94thaerosquadron.com/Wheeling/index.html

There's a great breakfast place just a few miles down Milwaukee otherwise. I can shuttle folks.
http://www.risendinecafe.com/

Last edited:
What do they rape you for on fees at Palwaukee?

Yeah, I'm not paying $40 to eat lunch, or $7.00/gal fuel.

Neither am I, not to mention that the wx still looks unflyable tomorrow morning over here.

But... but... Ed, it sounds like you must have your plane back?! Hope it wasn't too expensive.:redface:

I am getting ready for a class myself. Maybe we should just plan on doing it some other weekend? (He says, waffling again). Or, if people want to fly in, we have a restaurant at Clow, Charlies @ 1C5. Looks like they're calling for few - scattered around 3000' from 7AM. No landing fee, either!

Hang on until we verify my intel. They seem to only be open for dinner.
http://www.the94thaerosquadron.com/Wheeling/index.html

There's a great breakfast place just a few miles down Milwaukee otherwise. I can shuttle folks.
http://www.risendinecafe.com/

I called. 94th Aero Squadron no longer has Sunday brunch.

For that matter we have a great all-you-can-eat Sunday Buffet in downtown Grayslake at the Whitney Street Resturant which starts with soup, has the usual eggs. bacon and sausage and waffles and crepes, made to order omelets and toward lunchtime stuff like tamales, and fried chicken with desert including sundaes or pie to finish. It costs a whole $10. Even pilots can pay that. Fly into C81 some Sunday.

Had a great afternoon with Kent. Learned about the club. Got to fly that beautiful DA40. Learned a bit about the G1000. Flew over the house. Lunch at Perkins in Watertown (we were going to walk to Steakfire, but got cold halfway there :) ). Back to MSN and got to experience a coupled approach just for fun.

A great day. I've got some thinking to do . . .

Thanks, Kent!

I got a lot done today and could do breakfast or lunch on Sunday. Whats the plan? Luch at Pilot Petes or breakfast at Clow?

We're rescheduling, but come down by me if you want to join brunch.

Had a great afternoon with Kent. Learned about the club. Got to fly that beautiful DA40. Learned a bit about the G1000. Flew over the house. Lunch at Perkins in Watertown (we were going to walk to Steakfire, but got cold halfway there :) ). Back to MSN and got to experience a coupled approach just for fun.

A great day. I've got some thinking to do . . .

Thanks, Kent!

You're welcome, it was great to meet you in person!

I got a lot done today and could do breakfast or lunch on Sunday. Whats the plan? Luch at Pilot Petes or breakfast at Clow?

Well, I did my flying today, so it's studying tomorrow (er, today). I have an exam in Electromagnetic Fields on Monday, and it's gonna kick my ass. :(

I'm working on putting together my first course as an instructor, and I'm teaching it Tuesday. It's taking longer than I anticipated. Probably better for me to reschedule. :( Leslie may (or may not) be up for it, though!

LOL... Kent and Grant! Do either of you ever sleep??! :hairraise: I know you don't work nights. I was hoping that all of you would re-schedule lunch anyway for April so I could join you. :)

I've got to go out of town for business tomorrow (sitting in the steel tube; crud), so I'm trying to finish up some of my day-work and homework today before that. Looking forward to the reschedule!

...For that matter we have a great all-you-can-eat Sunday Buffet in downtown Grayslake at the Whitney Street Resturant which starts with soup, has the usual eggs. bacon and sausage and waffles and crepes, made to order omelets and toward lunchtime stuff like tamales, and fried chicken with desert including sundaes or pie to finish. It costs a whole $10. Even pilots can pay that. Fly into C81 some Sunday.

So the neighbors and I went to brunch and we talked about more about me getting screamed at in the village hall when asking about the tree cost sharing program, the garbage pickup weirdness, my plans for a garage that will need village board approval, how the village board just removed the ban on wind power turbines which I want to put on the garage, and the antics of our weird demanding neighbors who know the village VIPs...Talking with the guy who has had not-always-pleasant dealings with the village...and the mayor and his family showed up for brunch. :hairraise:

Back