Scenic areas around Shenandoah Nat'l Park

polaris

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
polaris
I'm flying into Front Royal (KFRR) in a few weeks to go hiking. I am hoping for a scenic flight around the area, weather permitting. I know the Shenandoah Nat'l Park area is noise-sensitive, so I will avoid flight below 2,000 AGL. Do you guys know any non-noise-sensitive areas around there that I could fly below that altitude for some scenery? Or, is 2,000 AGL above Shenandoah just as beautiful?

Hopefully the leaves will be at peak or just after peak at that time.

I'm flying into Front Royal (KFRR) in a few weeks to go hiking. I am hoping for a scenic flight around the area, weather permitting. I know the Shenandoah Nat'l Park area is noise-sensitive, so I will avoid flight below 2,000 AGL. Do you guys know any non-noise-sensitive areas around there that I could fly below that altitude for some scenery? Or, is 2,000 AGL above Shenandoah just as beautiful?

Hopefully the leaves will be at peak or just after peak at that time.

Don't ignore the rest of the Valley and mountains.

There are some non-park mountains north of Front Royal, and along the west side of the Shenandoah Valley. The George Washington National Forest is also to the west side of the Valley. Bryce is down between some mountains - I don't know whether there's still a restaurant near that airport.

FRR is a pretty scenic area itself.

Attachments

• FRR.jpg
    FRR.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 25
Back