Scary landing of A380 in London due to high winds

I was unable to figure out the baffling privacy opt-out page, so I can’t watch content on that site.

I was unable to figure out the baffling privacy opt-out page, so I can’t watch content on that site.

Simple Italian.

Corriere della Sera is committed every day to providing you with quality information through the work of hundreds of journalists, graphic designers and technicians. To guarantee free and accessible information, we use profiled advertising which covers the costs of browsing so as to allow you to take advantage of a part of the content for free. Without advertising, access to our services takes place upon payment of subscription packages that increase in content and cost. Choose whether to access the basic service by allowing us to deliver personalized advertising or by joining an equivalent subscription plan.

Pilot was holding lots of right rudder on approach, then neutralized it at touchdown. Oops. Probably needed to keep that foot planted (minus the brakes, of course).

Probably some smell from soiled upholstery and/or carpet by the time she got back around...

Simple Italian.

Corriere della Sera is committed every day to providing you with quality information through the work of hundreds of journalists, graphic designers and technicians. To guarantee free and accessible information, we use profiled advertising which covers the costs of browsing so as to allow you to take advantage of a part of the content for free. Without advertising, access to our services takes place upon payment of subscription packages that increase in content and cost. Choose whether to access the basic service by allowing us to deliver personalized advertising or by joining an equivalent subscription plan.
Non sapevo parlassi italiano!

:p

Took about 20,000mi off those tires in one shot…

Nothing particularly wrong with this. You don't land a jumbo with wing mounted engines "wing low" (lest you end up like that Alaskan 737 in the other thread here).

I was on a BA (BOS-LHR) 380 a few months back as Margy wanted to fly on an A380 and I figured they were starting to disappear rapidly from service. We went first class (14 seats in the entire 380). Most comfortable flight I've been on.

Back